Congratulations our accepted Students for GSoC 2020

Congratulations to the 5 students selected to work with LibreHealth during Google Summer of Code 2019! We’re very excited about this excellent group of @gsoc2020students as part of our community and look forward to the work you’ll do together with your mentors and the greater LibreHealth community.

The 5 students selected are:

1. @prajwal27 for Project: Android application to show birth registration & newborn health data – Mentored by: @iainbarclay, @Maria-Freytsis, and myself
  2. @Kislay_Singh for Project: Automatic labelling of Radiology Images – Mentored by @pri2si17 and @judywawira
  3. @aishwhereya for Project: Low Powered Models for disease detection and classification for Radiology Images mentored by @judywawira and @pri2si17
  4. @Darshpreet2000 for Project: Develop an Android mobile application to show patient friendly costs of care – mentored by @sunbiz, @judywawira and @muarachmann
  5. @bolu for Project: Create web components for FHIR Resources – mentored by @sunbiz and @judywawira

Please read this entire post carefully. After reading this post, there are several steps you must take immediately. Failure to perform any of these tasks before the end of the community bonding period on 2020-05-31T23:59:00Z. will cause you not to begin as a student, and you will not receive your initial payment from Google.

1. This week: Introduce yourself on LibreHealth Forums in the appropriate pinned topic at the top of the #community:gsoc category. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your interests, your selected project, and why you find LibreHealth interesting. We will use LibreHealth Forums for all official communications about the program, so check it every day. Complete this task in the next week, by 2020-05-08T23:59:00Z
  2. In two weeks time: Get your blog ready. You must post a blog entry every week during GSoC. Start now so you get in the habit of writing at least one post every week. You don’t have to create a new blog for GSoC; it’s OK to use an existing one. See the relevant pinned topic at the top of the #community:gsoc category of LibreHealth Forums for details and to post your URL. Complete this task by 2020-05-22T23:59:00Z
  3. Contact your mentor immediately . Set up a schedule and plan for communication with your mentor each and every week, and stick to it. Remember, we’re an open-source project, so all your LibreHealth communication should be in public forums such as our community chat or right here in the appropriate categories. Make sure your mentor has identified one or more backup mentors if she or he is not available. Prepare a detailed project plan (week by week) with milestones with your mentor and post it in the appropriate category on LibreHealth Forums, with the #gsoc2019tag. Complete all these tasks **before the end of the community bonding period ends on 2020-05-31T23:59:00Z.
  4. Be prepared to submit a weekly status report. The status report is very short but very important; it helps us to ensure your project is on track and things are going well. If you miss filing 3 status reports, you’ll be removed from the program, so remember to add this to your weekly schedule! Consider the hard-line to be 11:59 PM UTC every Friday.

Once again, congratulations! We are impressed by your accomplishments so far, and hope you are just as pleased to be part of our community of so many wonderful people!

Your GSoC administrators:

Robby O’Connor (@r0bby), Saptarshi Purkayastha (@sunbiz) and Judy Gichoya (@judywawira)

5 Likes

@gsoc2020students, I have updated this. Specifically with regards to the weekly status report. If you miss 3 status reports, you are automatically failed. Get into the habit of doing it, starting this Friday. You should be doing prep work now. This isn’t a time to relax.

Thanks for selecting me, I will complete every task in time & will make mentors proud of my work.

Don’t burn out and don’t start the project yet.

1 Like

Congratulations to all of you!

Students who haven’t been selected, please understand we would like you to contribute to our projects and build skills for your careers anyway!

Thank You mentors for this opportunity. It is amazing to be part of the project and the community!

2 Likes

Firstly, Congractulations to all the selected students! All the best :slight_smile:

Secondly, @sunbiz @judywawira and @muarachmann I had submitted a proposal regarding the project Project: Develop an Android mobile application to show patient friendly costs of care my proposal was lacking in a lot of things, it would be a great help if I could receive feedbacks regarding my proposal and please point out my flaws. I will work on my them and learn required skills to improve myself.

A help is much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Congratulations to all of you! It would be a great pleasure if I could get feedback on my proposal and where it lacked by any of the mentors(@r0bby, @iainbarclay). I will surely improve on my skills and try again the following year.

1 Like

Congrats to everyone who made it and to those who didn’t but contributed in one way or the other I say thank you and keep up. You guys have been wonderful and I am glad “meeting you”

2 Likes

Congratulations to all and look forward to working with you

If you were not selected, do not feel bad, This is always a difficult decision and we can only take so many students. For those who are in the program, please take advantage of this opportunity… For example , @pri2si17 came to us through GSOC and now is accepted to IUPUI as a masters student in health informatics…

For blogging , I highly recommend that you check out Fastpages that allows you to set up a quick blog on your GitHub page - https://fastpages.fast.ai/fastpages/jupyter/2020/02/21/introducing-fastpages.html

Look forward dot a fun filled summer

3 Likes

This is something I didn’t know, congrats @pri2si17!!

1 Like

Thanks @r0bby. And a lot thanks to @judywawira and @sunbiz.

But, now the time is to congratulate our new selected students. Congratulations to all of them. :slight_smile: