Congratulations to the 5 students selected to work with LibreHealth during Google Summer of Code 2019! We’re very excited about this excellent group of @gsoc2020students as part of our community and look forward to the work you’ll do together with your mentors and the greater LibreHealth community.
The 5 students selected are:
- @prajwal27 for Project: Android application to show birth registration & newborn health data – Mentored by: @iainbarclay, @Maria-Freytsis, and myself
- @Kislay_Singh for Project: Automatic labelling of Radiology Images – Mentored by @pri2si17 and @judywawira
- @aishwhereya for Project: Low Powered Models for disease detection and classification for Radiology Images mentored by @judywawira and @pri2si17
- @Darshpreet2000 for Project: Develop an Android mobile application to show patient friendly costs of care – mentored by @sunbiz, @judywawira and @muarachmann
- @bolu for Project: Create web components for FHIR Resources – mentored by @sunbiz and @judywawira
Please read this entire post carefully. After reading this post, there are several steps you must take immediately. Failure to perform any of these tasks before the end of the community bonding period on 2020-05-31T23:59:00Z. will cause you not to begin as a student, and you will not receive your initial payment from Google.
- This week: Introduce yourself on LibreHealth Forums in the appropriate pinned topic at the top of the #community:gsoc category. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your interests, your selected project, and why you find LibreHealth interesting. We will use LibreHealth Forums for all official communications about the program, so check it every day. Complete this task in the next week, by 2020-05-08T23:59:00Z
- In two weeks time: Get your blog ready. You must post a blog entry every week during GSoC. Start now so you get in the habit of writing at least one post every week. You don’t have to create a new blog for GSoC; it’s OK to use an existing one. See the relevant pinned topic at the top of the #community:gsoc category of LibreHealth Forums for details and to post your URL. Complete this task by 2020-05-22T23:59:00Z
- Contact your mentor immediately . Set up a schedule and plan for communication with your mentor each and every week, and stick to it. Remember, we’re an open-source project, so all your LibreHealth communication should be in public forums such as our community chat or right here in the appropriate categories. Make sure your mentor has identified one or more backup mentors if she or he is not available. Prepare a detailed project plan (week by week) with milestones with your mentor and post it in the appropriate category on LibreHealth Forums, with the #gsoc2019tag. Complete all these tasks **before the end of the community bonding period ends on 2020-05-31T23:59:00Z.
- Be prepared to submit a weekly status report. The status report is very short but very important; it helps us to ensure your project is on track and things are going well. If you miss filing 3 status reports, you’ll be removed from the program, so remember to add this to your weekly schedule! Consider the hard-line to be 11:59 PM UTC every Friday.
Once again, congratulations! We are impressed by your accomplishments so far, and hope you are just as pleased to be part of our community of so many wonderful people!
Your GSoC administrators: