Google Summer of Code 2020 Student Meet and Greet

This is for accepted students to interact with when the decision is announced 2020-05-04T18:00:00Z.

Hello, I am Darshpreet Singh, I am very happy that I got selected in GSoC.

Thanks to mentors & this Organisation for selecting me.

About Me

I am currently pursuing Bachelor Of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering, I live in India, I have great skills in Android/IOS App Development using Flutter. I am hardworking & fast learner. I have good decision making skills.

I am very much interested in Android Development & Machine Learning. I like to code in my leisure time. Other than coding I like to play Football, Table Tennis & watching movies.

Selected Project

I am selected for the Project Project: Develop an Android mobile application to show patient friendly costs of care

Idea is to develop an App which can compare prices of procedures of Nearby Hospitals from user’s location.

I will develop a great app using Flutter which will work on both Android & IOS.

Why I Find LibreHealth interesting

Because it free & Open Source Organisation. It provides HealthCare Softwares which are very much beneficial in Health Care Sectors.Health is very important for humanity & this organisation is doing a great job. I found its projects very much interesting.

I will continue to contribute to this organisation even after this program.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Bolu Oluwalade and I am excited to work on my GSoC project! Thanks to my mentors @sunbiz and @judywawira for selecting me. I can’t wait to get started.

About me
I am graduate student of Health Informatics at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, USA. I have a background in Clinical Laboratory Science with more than three years of practice in my home country of Nigeria . I am always looking at taking on new challenges and that propelled me towards health IT. I am interested in the EHR and all its benefits and challenges, clinical informatics and machine learning in health care.

My interests

I love football (playing, watching, video games). I enjoy documentaries about history and philosophy. I am a big fan of African music, art, and literature.

Selected Project

I was selected to work on the Create web components for FHIR resources project. In this project, I will create new web components for FHIR resources using the polymer 3 library. I will do unit testings on each component and integrate them into the lh-toolkit-app.

What Interests me about LibreHealth

LibreHealth, being an open-source organization excites me because of its ability to deliver healthcare IT solutions where it’s needed. The continuous development and support of the LibreHealth EHR will make out-of-box EHR available to a variety of healthcare settings. This is especially a good thing for healthcare organizations in low income and developing countries.

3 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Aishwarya Harpale and I am very happy to be selected as a contributor to LibreHealth this summer.

About me

I am an Indian undergraduate student of Computer Engineering studying at Pune Institute of Computer Technology, India. I love working in healthy and encouraging communities with members from diverse backgrounds which is why I am excited to get to know everyone. I also like taking up new projects that increase my knowledge about subjects. Coming from a family of medical professionals, I feel drawn towards topics at the intersection of medical sciences and IT.

My interests

My interests lie in the field of Machine Learning, specially in the field of Explainable AI where the motive is to make AI systems more transparent. Along with this, I like to spend my time working towards a greener planet and watching TED Talks.

My Project

I will be working on Low Powered Models for disease detection and classification for Radiology Images. As the title suggests, I will be working on detection of diseases in radiology images and their classification using Deep Learning. I plan on using Tensorflow for this project.

What Interests me about LibreHealth

The fact that I find interesting is that LibreHealth is accommodating the latest of Computer technologies into their system and therefore into Health IT. Projects like these will have measurable implications not only on the way we manage our healthcare systems but also on patients. Lastly, it’s Open Source!

3 Likes

Hello, mentors and my fellow contributors. My name is Kislay Kunal Singh.

[ ABOUT ME ]

I am Indian and currently pursuing the undergrad Computer Science degree. My first interaction with open source was of a shock. I was a fresher who had only ever used a computer to play video games. So, when I first learned about open source from my peers, it didn’t make any sense. None of my traditional sense of commerce was being applied here, I sat morosely contemplating how these diverse group of people scattered all over the globe working part time can make a software that can help or even compete with the giants such as Microsoft, Google etc. I draw a great deal of inspiration from the open source community as open source has proven, when a bunch of people decide to make something, no matter the size or the resources, it will be made.

[ MY INTERESTS ]

I’m interested in Deep Learning and although the whole subject in very intriguing but my particular field of interest is Computer Vision. Things such as GANs, Nvidia’s DLSS just blows my mind. I like to work on things that I find visually appealing :slightly_smiling_face:.

[ MY PROJECT ]

Automatic Labeling of Radiology Images I plan to create a stand alone web app. The web app will be able to segment, annotate and classify different diseases from the uploaded X-ray by using deep learning algorithms.

[ WHY LibreHealth ]

The code I write here will have the potential to impact the lives of people directly. This just pumps me with joy. This organisation has impact on the greatest needs of people, their health. This is a great cause to get behind.

I look forward to working with you guy, thank you!

2 Likes

That might be a problem as this is meant to be done on mobile devices entirely.

I am actually awaiting instructions regarding the change of my Project title so I could not write the exact description about my project.

Hey, I am Prajwal S Belagavi and I am very excited to be part of LibreHealth and work on the GSoC Project.

About Me

I’m a Computer Science enthusiast, studying in NITK India. I have been working on Mobile App Development for over 2 years. I’m also interested in NDN and Blockchain. I love to play badminton. I’m a huge foodie. I spend most of the time You-Tubing and exploring new stuffs.

Selected Project

I am selected for the Project Project: Android application to show birth registration & newborn health data] The project aims to develop an app that shows birth information and other newborn data with the use of mobile SDK provided by Evernym. The current plan is to develop the app using Flutter.

Why I Find LibreHealth interesting

LibreHealth is an open-source organization that deals with solving problems in the health care sector, which excites me. I also found the projects interesting and could revolutionalize the world. I would love to be part of the community and help the cause in any way possible.