Project: Complete UI rewrite or radiology and toolkit as an open web application

During the 2018 GSOC project - lots of efforts were made to write web components. See

1. Project: Create web components for FHIR Resources
  2. Project: Web Components for FHIR Resources

This project is to rewrite the complete UI for radiology and toolkit using the web components that have already been developed. Please refer to the demonstration sites and prior GCI work to see some designs proposed for the toolkit UI appearance

You should base your work on the spring data project that was released from the 2018 GSOC - Project: Implement Spring Data to LibreHealth Toolkit

At the end, you should have a complete application powered by spring data on the backend and web components on the front end

Technical Requirements

1. Javascript
  2. Web components
  3. REST
  4. java

Looks interesting, I have experience in working with Progressive webapps , building components with JS Libraries such as React, Vue. Plus I have worked with REST pattern as well. I am interested in contributing to this project.

1 Like

Hi @judywawira. Thanks for sharing the information on FHIR resources and the creation of web components for it using the polymer-project and spring data as a backend with LibreHealth toolkit. After going through the provided links I found that there is a lh-toolkit-webcomponents project which is currently maintained by LibreHealth with custom web components developed using polymer. I was able to run the project and see the details of the components. Could I use this as a base for web-components for fhir-webcomponents or start from scratch. Thanks in advance.

Hi, @judywawira I read the information shared on this post. If I have understood the requirements correctly for this project.

I would need to base the new implementation of web-components from the Spring-Data-reactive-lh-toolkit developed by the 2018 GSOC student @yashdsaraf. For that, I’ll need a local HAPI-FHIR-JPA-Server in my case I have my local one running or Test-Server-Instance. from fhir.org I have set up my local version of fhir-server with MySQL as the database.

Further, Yash had already implemented a demo angular material UI project of the web application. I found it from one of his repositories. This was developed to view patient details. But I found issues in the server project. I was able to get the frontend project up running.

@judywawira For an initial demonstration of the open web application is it enough if I combine rewritten lh-toolkit-web-components (frontend) with spring-data-reactive-lh-toolkit(backend) project. Thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

very interesting thank you

Did you look at Toolkit or Radiology and try to model it? This looks like you took some generic mockups…but not necessarily actually focusing on our needs.

Hi @r0bby, Thanks a lot for asking. I have tried to build both toolkit and radiology projects from scratch by following this documentation.

I initially had the toolkit running successfully without the UI. Further reading the documentation to implement ui for toolkit. I found the legacy-ui is in the repository name lh-toolkit-legacyui. Then I built it and added legacyui.omod to the /OpenMRS/module directory . Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 21.02.48

Now I have the app running with the legacy UI module. I have the existing owa app maintained by @judywawira for radiology on viewing the existing radiology orders. I have it updated to angular 9

Further on @judywawira guide on referring to the demonstration sites and prior GCI work to see some designs proposed for the new toolkit UI appearance. I searched for the proposed GCI UI designs in the forum. I couldn’t find them. Could you please share them in here @r0bby. I have been working on my implementation of the spring-data app with the current owa app. Thanks in advance.

i need help when i try to build radiology project by follow the documentation a have this error: [ERROR] Failed to execute goal io.fabric8:docker-maven-plugin:0.16.7:build (default-cli) on project radiology: Execution default-cli of goal io.fabric8:docker-maven-plugin:0.16.7:build failed: No given, no DOCKER_HOST environment variable, no read/writable ‘/var/run/docker.sock’ or ‘//./pipe/docker_engine’ and no external provider like Docker machine configured -> [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginExecutionException

You don’t need to build it – use our demos

https://radiology.librehealth.io and https://toolkit.librehealth.io

As @r0bby has said not to build the project. That’s the ideal choice. I’ll stick on to his guide on using the existing demos. Further, If you need any help to set up the docker version of the project. you could follow this video guide from the documentation I have shared you earlier.

Could you please share any of the demonstration sites and prior GCI work to see designs proposed for the new toolkit UI appearance. This could be very helpful for the demo and the proposal I am currently working on. Thanks in advance.

Thank you @r0bby and @MurshidHassen

Is there any starter task that has to be completed for this project?

One thing we’re looking for is basic research skills.

This information is easy to find.

1 Like

Thanks @r0bby. my apologies. thanks for pointing out my weakness. my research skill needs lot of improvement. I have found them now. Hope I could improve it during this summer.

Awesome… that’s what this is all about, learning & improving …

1 Like

This is a good thing! Being willing to say “Hey, I messed up.” and willing to learn from it! Now blow us away with your proposal!

1 Like

Hi Team, For your kind consideration. please have a look at my proposal. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nvFxgAeA2oPX_rYIlLpj0g_wMZQUHl25EQyFaER3F-0/edit?usp=sharing Thanks a lot, Murshid Hassen.

Openmrs is a standard spring project maintained by several groups of developers for nearly a decade. LibreHealth is a direct fork of the project maintained by LibreHealth developers. Both projects share the same underlying technology and architecture for many years without a change. For this summer I have been given an opportunity to bring an innovation for the underlying project. By completely rewriting the UI from scratch based on modern web components from projects in Polymer, Angular, React or any other standards. FHIR is the standard maintained by openmrs based on spring-data.

This whole paragraph can be a couple sentences.

Are you applying to OpenMRS or LibreHealth? It should say “LibreHealth Toolkit REST API”

We are not OpenMRS.

This proposal feels like you copied a lot of stuff @MurshidHassen…it’s also far too short.

You added a lot of fluff that just isn’t needed.

1 Like