Project: Android application for birth registration & newborn health data tracking

Do MOCKUP include screen Shots ,of how our application is going to look ,something like that…or a dummy application where you can just move back and forth between pages??

moreover is there any link from where we can refer to…?

Will this project be done by one student or more? Can we propose as a team?

Yes, you need to mock up all user interfaces and how interaction will happen.

This is covered in the GSoC FAQ by Google, No. Teams are not allowed. This is going to be a 3 month project and is doable by one person. All projects proposed by our mentors are scoped to be doable in 3 months of full-time work by a single developer.

No, you should read the project specification and come up with the UI on your own. You may use a tool like figma for mocking your UI elements and interactions, but the work must be original. Ask targeted questions such as “what data will be collected” – and you’ll get better answers.

Hello everyone.I am Faraz Sheikh and I am pursuing my B.Tech as Computer Science Student currently I m in 2nd year. I’m very happy to learn great experience and skills if I am contributing in your project for developing android application for client and server site interactive web page for admin. During project building i make sure these package will build with beautiful U I and powerful backend .If I will getting such opportunity.

Good Evening, My name is abhishek gupta and currently studying in vellore institute of technology. I have experience with android application development, HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I want to contribute toward your project. I can help in developing better and scalable application. Kindly give chance to work with you.

Hi everyone, my name is Adit Kotwal and I am a final year computer engineering student from Mumbai. This project captured my attention as I have worked with Android in the past. I have a few ideas for the implementation which I will begin and submit upon completion for your valuable feedback. Thank you

and how signatures are to be collected? are they to be scanned and uploaded or some other more convenient method ?

I’m working on a mock-up for the proposal. I’m assuming, there will have to be a functionality to upload some sort of verified documents for the new born child that will be issued by a hospital? Just to clarify, the bio indicators will be that of the parent or the child ? Also, whom shall I discuss the proposal with before submitting it on 16th? I have a few mocks ups ready and would like to get some feedback on it.

@shbucher one of the objectives includes Data capture like iris images. Here, Should our application take iris images as an input from the user? I think it requires a seperate hardware to capture such images and process.

@Prajwal27, that is an excellent insight, and is best addressed by the mentor Dr. Adam Czajka, @aczajka.

Best,

Dr. Sherri

~WRD000.jpg

image002.jpg

image002.jpg

Hello, my name is Garvit Agarwal ,a student of IIT Roorkee . I would like to work in the app development for this task.

What database we are going to use? Also, if we can add feature of login/registration on the app, then in case of deletion of app by user by mistake, they can retrieve all details by using login credentials.

what all data is to be collected except the field given in form @shbucher …please let me know.

@iainbarclay does the repository of app exist?

Folks, I encourage you to read the other posts on this topic. It is your job to answer a lot of the questions posed above in your proect proposal.

Thank you for information it will be helpful @r0bby

Hey, It’s a new project, you can come up with your design based on the requirements.