Meet the community: Introduce yourself here!

Hi all, I am Yemdjih Kaze Nasser. I am a student at the university of Buea in Cameroon studying computer engineering. I am an AI enthousiasts and I’m passionate about tech applications in the medical field. I’m glad to be part of this movement and I wish to take partake in GSOC this year as an intern with Librehealth.

Hi my name is Rachel Ellison. I work as a coder/data analyst at Johns Hopkins. I recently dropped out of my masters in electrical engineering degree program to pursue a masters of public health instead.

My goal in life is to take on global health inequity by using open source code. I’m reasonably familiar with Meaningful Use as well.

I also do a lot of grant writing with limited success. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Warm regards, -Rachel

2 Likes

Welcome @RachelElli -always nice to have people familiar with meaningful use certification!

Are you here for Google Summer of Code or just to lurk around and help out?

Hi @r0bby,

That’s a no on google summer of code. I lurk on a number of Open source health related forums. OpenEMR, Hospital Run, iHRis, etc. I’m currently working on writing an NIH grant to seek funds to add capabilities to open source repositories with health impacts in Low and Middle Income Countries.

Is MU3 something libre health is interested in? The MU3 certification criteria was only finalized on the 9th of this month.

I’m also writing php code to implement MU3 item a14. Is this something Libre Health needs? https://www.healthit.gov/test-method/implantable-device-list

2 Likes

I’m just the guy who tries to make sure the community infra stays running.

@lsc – this could be a good person to have around in an advisory capacity

Welcome to LibreHealth @RachelElli – right now, GSoC is currently in the application phase of the program. Great to have you here!

Hi, My name is Abdussamad Muhammad Aliyu, a second year civil engineer at Bayero University, Kano. I worked with openwisp organization, participated in google code in 2017 and also participated in udacity android studio pre nano degree programs. I have a profound foundation in android studio.

1 Like

Hi am Steve Chacha from Kenya. A student at Meru University of Science Technology. I code Android and machine learning

Hey there Im saurabh ,I love working on android and related stuff and I would love to contribute to this community !!

Hi everyone, I’m Joachim Junior, a software developer. I’m very much excited to contributing to this community.

Welcome @joachim99, if you noticed most mentors are focused on GSoC as it is ongoing nevertheless we do welcome new contributors to our projects found here - librehealth.io . Have a look at which matches your skill set.

Mua

Thank you very much @muarachmann

Hi everyone, I’m new to LibreHealth community. Please can I have anyone to mentor me or give me an orientation.

Can I still contribute here? or is it closed?

Moderation Note: This was originally on Project: Automatic Labeling of Radiology Images but has been moved here.

No, this is part of Google Summer of Code right now. Afterwards, you might need to find the gaps of what’s not done vs what needs to be done.

I am a beginner in open source contribution please help me to get a head start

Hi @Ritwik,

Tell us a about yourself? What are your skills? Information about our projects can be found here.

Sir myself Ritwik currently pursuing computer science engineering and accomplished good achievements in competitive coding (4 star in codechef) and done an internship in L&D MUMBAI backend team (php+MySQL) and I will always be ready to learn new technologies if required with ownselves.Sir guide me to get into open source contribution for your organization.

I also have sound knowledge of front end tech like html,css, bootstrap,js and languages like python ,c++,c and also worked with apis like Google map api and also worked on nodejs also

hi there, my name is harshraj singh and I find LibraHealth on the GSOC website. I saw android in technologies and am a bit proficient in android development. I want to contribute in LibraHealth. please help me by advising about what to do initially for contribution.

Hey @harshraj1311 – appreciate the enthusiasm but Google Summer of Code 2020 literally just ended…and GSoC 2021 has not yet been announced and, even when it is announced, we still have to apply and plan things. The projects you saw this year are not necessarily indicative of projects you’ll see in 2021 since the program has a few changes, which will be announced soon by Google.