GSoC 2019 Potential Student and Mentor Meet & Greet

gsoc2019

(Robby O'Connor) #108

Everything you need to know is listed there:

A big component into how to get selected is to show you know how to do basic research.

(Adarsh Maurya) #109

Hello, I am Adarsh Maurya from NIT Puducherry, India. I am presently in 2nd year, pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science and know Java (just introduced to php though). I am interested to learn more about open source technologies and contribute to the community.

(Robby O'Connor) #110

See the post above yours.

(Aman Goyal) #111

Hi sir @r0bby. I am new to gsoc. I just had one query. On LibreHealth’s section in gsoc website, there the 3 umbrella projects listed. So my contribution has to be just related to those 3 projects or can it be anything?

Regards Aman Goyal NIT Kurukshetra

(Robby O'Connor) #112
  1. Don’t use “sir/madam”
  2. We do have 3 projects but since mentoring is a labor-intensive job, we don’t have an adequate number of mentors for LibreHealth EHR.

(Aman Goyal) #113

Ok. So is it fine if I put a proposal on a different idea than the 3 projects?

(Robby O'Connor) #114

No. You have to be matched to a mentor. If you are proposing a project, you have to find at least 2 mentors willing to work with you. If you want to discuss your project, hop on our chat.

Our project ideas are based on the needs that we have currently.

(Rajat Jadam) #115

Hello sir,

Myself Rajat Jadam from India. I have a working experience in Java for around more than 4 years. Currently I am working on CoAp(Constrained Application Protocol) and CoCoA[ Californium made purely in java ] used for iot-devices.

I am very eager to join your open source project so that i can contribute to this world something worth.

(Robby O'Connor) #116

Read the following:

(Saptarshi Purkayastha) #117

We have two issues that can help you showcase your skills, and help us evaluate if, along with your GSoC application, whether you will be suitable to work on the LibreHealth Toolkit and LibreHealth Radiology for GSoC 2019:

Please work on these issues, on a new public repo on gitlab or github, and once you have a working code, please paste the link to that code into the above-mentioned issues. Please let us know, if you have any questions for us. We look forward to see your work, and your GSoC applications to our project ideas.

(Robby O'Connor) #118

Students – please read the past messages. Part of what we evaluate is your ability to have even basic attention to detail and research skills.