GSoC 2019 Potential Student and Mentor Meet & Greet

Hello, I am a second-year student from Amrita University, India studying Computer Science. I just have a basic knowledge in Java, CPP and is also comfortable in doing the front end. I would like to contribute to Librehealth so can you please guide me on how to proceed.

Where can I find the project listing?

It is mentioned in the original post.

@devikasugathan,

You are going to need to polish those skills in order to be accepted. It is doubtful that mentors will have the time to teach you Java.

Based on your skillset, I think you’re suited for the following projects:

or

We require all prospective students to make a non-trivial contribution in order to be accepted.

Project leads are @sunbiz and @judywawira respectively – I ask that you not directly private message them.

You can also join our chat, again no private messages with mentors!

Thanks for the help.

Hello, my name is Alliehkezih Divine Wisdom, a level 400 student from the College of Technology, University of Buea. I study Software Engineering in the Department of Computer Engineering, am a newbie so its my first time to be here. I wish to participate in the Google Summer of Code (GSOC) 2019, and i found this organization has the perfect one to help me realize my dream. But i have no idea on how to get started, i.e the possible projects for GSOC and how to contribute to open source. Please i need your help to get me integrated and i am committed to give my all in this organization and to participate actively, i am also open to learn a new skill and whatever it will cost me to be part of you and be qualified for the GSOC 2019… thanks for your response.

@Wisdom – welcome!

Our projects are largely Java and PHP.

LibreHealth Toolkit and LibreHealth Radiology are in Java.

LibreHealth EHR is in PHP. Currently using PHP 7.1+.

You’d have to start by learning one of those languages and making non-trivial contributions – we cannot accept you without a non-trivial contribution.

Questions can be answered on our chat.

Thanks for accepting me @r0bby, am interested in the LibreHealth EHR, and though i dint yet know PHP that much am going to start learning immediately

Great – work on some issues :slight_smile:

i will like to first learn and get acquainted with PHP before starting my contributions or can i do the both simultaneously? and please if you have any resources which will be helpful to me and how i can go on to make non-trivial contributions to the org it will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hello, I am Dhruvesh Khandelwal, a final year student from Mumbai university. I have previously worked on java, php and python based projects. The community here is looking active and I also want to contribute to it actively. Can you guide me through please?

Thank You!

Based on your skillset, the following project is best for you:

We requite all prospective students to make a non-trivial contribution in order to be accepted.

Project leads is @tony – I ask that you not directly private message them.

Based on your skillset, the following project is best for you:

We requite all prospective students to make a non-trivial contribution in order to be accepted.

Project leads is @tony – I ask that you not directly private message them.

Thank you @r0bby , i got it

Hello, I’m Roy Esibe, undergraduate software engineering student in the University of Buea in Cameroon. I’m new to the open source community and after reading the values of LibreHealth , i’m strongly looking forward to contributing here

Hey @Echo2roy,

You’d have to start by learning one of those languages and making non-trivial contributions – we cannot accept you without a non-trivial contribution.

1 Like

Hello I am Tchana Ngassa Valdo, from Cameroon. I am a student in the university of buea college of technology studying software engineering. I am interested in open source and I wish to participate in Google summer of code 2019.

Hey there @Valdo,

Moved your post here.

Hello All,

I’m Eunice Amoh from University of Canberra. I have participated in previous year GSoC under OpenMRS. I’m familiar with Java, Spring and FHIR standard. I’m new to the community. Hoping to participate in GSoC under LibreHealth. I’m looking to provide my contributions to enhance the librehealth platform.

Thank you