A few things to keep in mind when writing your proposals and what we expect of you.
- You MUST be active in the community. We do not want students who show little to no interest in maintaining an active working relationship with us.
- You MUST have a timeline that accounts for the duration of the program and define the milestones you will be held to. These can change, but we look at them to discern if you have a realistic plan.
- You MUST do the the task prerequisite.
- You MAY ask questions you may have or ask us to review your proposals.
- You MUST keep all communication public.
We leave the format of the proposal to you but keep all of this in mind. We have some advice examples from our amazing developer @judywawira: Hacking #GSOC - How to write the winning proposal for the GSOC program.
I also wrote Notes & tips for potential GSoC applicants.
Hope this helps all of you.