Project: Machine Learning models for image classification, object detection and segmentation in Virtual Reality

Hi @pri2si17

My name is Shivaditya Shivganesh, currently in my 3rd year at VIT Chennai. I have worked on multiple SOTA Object detection and Segmentation algorithms like SoftTeacher and implemented them in pytorch/tensorflow. I have implemented object detection algorithms on endoscopy datasets like Kvasir Dataset.

I have developed multiple VR games using Unity XR toolkit. I have also developed a Tensorflow based object detection application using Unity with inference on board the VR HMD device. I have also designed an endoscopy Image Classifier with Unity VR.

I believe that my past experiences (Participation in Google Summer of Code 21) and knowledge would help me in contributing to this project.

Hello @pri2si17,

I have already given my intro in the message preceding this one. As for my past experience with CV involving segmentation and object detection, I’ve worked on a project involving semantic segmentation where we had to develop a SOTA segmentation model to classify satellite images into 256 crop categories (GitHub - sankalpmittal1911-BitSian/AgriculturalNet-AgNet-: State of the art model for classifying crop categories.). I used U-NET with skip connections to model such a system. Moreover, I have implemented Object Detection (YOLOv5) algorithm both by using keras and TF in deep learning specialization course. Currently, I am also pursuing official course on deep learning.

Eagerly waiting for more details on dataset and steps to proceed.

Thank you!

Hello @pri2si17 :wave:

My name is Muhammed Abdullah and I am an undergraduate from VNIT, Nagpur, India. I am currently studying Object Detection and Semantic Segmentation and doing an implementation of YOLO from scratch. I found this project quite intriguing and would like to be a part. As for my prior work in ML and CV I have worked on Face Recognition project

I am applying to GSoC for 1st time so not getting how to start with anything, any suggestion would be a great help. Is there anything that I need to prepare prior to proposals? I do have quite good experience with python, PyTorch, and open-source contributions. I am eager to learn new skills needed for the project.

Here is my resume to get an idea of my domains and achievements. Resume

hi @pri2si17 Aryan Gulati this side I am an Undergraduate and ML Enthusiast Currently in my 4th year of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, majoring in Computer Science & Engineering. I am a Learner, and also passionate about Data I’m good with numbers, Analysing data, and building up research strategies. Also, I enjoy reading about research going on new innovations. Also, I had done projects using Opencv of Object detection, face Recognition, etc I Just want to know those frames from a video of some specific diseases or it’s any wound for example bruises and What type of feedback we have to give ?

Dear @pri2si17 @sunbiz judywawira and munjal-vandana , I am interested in this project, and I was wondering if we could discuss about it. My name is Ambra Jin. I am currently studying at Artificial Intelligence at Queen Mary University London and in September I am pursuing my doctoral degree in the CDT AI for Health in UCL.

My first master’s group project required us to segment a catheter in MRI interventional surgeries.The goal of the study was to use different CNNs to construct a 3D model of the catheter in realtime. To segment a medical image, we compared the performance of various convolutional neural networks. I handled statistical data across platforms in this project, using Matlab and Python code to simulate and train data. I additionally preprocessed all of the training data to produce false artifacts, increasing the variability of the data, and then post-processed it to get a parameterised model. In addition, in my second master’s, I improved my skills by using machine learning in the context of image processing in the Machine Learning and Computer Vision modules. I believe my previous experience will help me ahead for this project, and I hope we can have a chat about it. I can send my CV Best wishes Ambra

Please post your questions here. We can also discuss your ideas to implement the project on the LibreHealth Chat - https://chat.librehealth.io.

In GSoC, we don’t look at the CV as much as your proposed approach to complete the project. The goal of the program is to make you long-term open-source contributors. Please come up with a draft proposal and we can help improve the proposal through discussion.

Hello @pri2si17 , my name is surya prakash ,i am a 3rd year graduate student at galgotias university,india. i have worked on projects where i used convulational neural network using Tensorflow . i have knowledge of using different optimizations algorithm like Adam , Rmsprop ,momentum gradient Descent and stochastic gradient descent where i have used activation function like Relu, tanh, sigmoid for object classification project. i always likes work on projects related to healthcare and will be more than happy to work with you all

Hi @all,

So, I have updated with dataset and starter task. Please work on it and provide the updates.

Happy development!!

Hi everyone, hope you are doing good and working on your proposal and starter tasks. Please let us know if you have any queries.

1 Like

Link it in your proposal, not here.

How are things going? You have until 2022-04-19T18:00:00Z to get this finalized. Finalized means the starter task is completed and ready for review. Failure to do the starter task is an immediate rejection. We do occasionally (though rarely) give extensions for the starter task, we have no control over the Google side of things.

There will be a reminder sent tomorrow(Saturday) at 1800 UTC as it is 72 hours from the close of the application period.

Get your proposal in now since we have no wiggle room with that. We cannot accept you without a proposal submission. You may continue to work on your starter task but link the work somewhere, please.

Hello! Myself Mukund Shah a second year undergrad at IIT Roorkee.I have good knowledge of both deep and shallow machine learning algorithms and Computer Vision .Currently I m doing similar project in Bio medical imaging using segment CNN under IIT Hyderabad Professor. This summer I’d like to contribute to librehealth.

Everything you need to know is here in this thread and under #gsoc2022-project.

However it’s a tad too late to apply now and get the starter task completed.

@r0bby How can we share the proposal for your feedback? Is it ok just to submit it and edit after receiving the feedback?

ideally as a Google Doc, yes but also thank you for submitting it on the web app.

We have no Medium projects (150 hours), all projects are Large (350 hours).

Thank you, now it is fixed

Here is the doc, thanks in advance for reading it: LibreHealth GSoC proposal - Google Documenten