Project: Develop an Android mobile application for newborn clinical decision support

Thanks @abhinav12k

Any stable demo server will work, I used DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone this one.

I also faced a lot of problem while making program because the program was not appearing after its creation.

This is what I did -

1. First Create a new user in users app, assign all the roles to it
  2. Go to user manager role & add tick mark all authorities to it.
  3. Log in with your created user.
  4. Then create programs in Maintenance App under Programs & it will start appearing after creation
  5. Also add access to program to any organization unit you want
  6. Open Tracker Capture or Capture App & register anyone

You may use this as reference 14. Define and Create a Tracker Capture Program ¡ LogicalOutcomes/DHIS2-Curriculum Wiki ¡ GitHub but this used older version

Feel free to ask if you face any difficulty

@abhinav12k Yes , it was under maintenance earlier but now its working https://play.dhis2.org/ use any stable server , you will need to create a new user to use your created programs

I am not able to access the website i think it’s still under maintenance.

The url you are using is directly trying to open tracker app & you are not logged in, Log In first with this DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone

I think there is a problem with the server I am not able to login. Getting the same error message again and again. Will try after some time

Creating account throws error, so use username as “admin” and password as “district” and login

EDIT: You must use the latest stable version. Also Don’t create an account on the home page(https://play.dhis2.org/). Rather you should login with the demo username and password provided on the page and then create a new user under the Users category. If you create an account directly on the home page you won’t be able to get the options for creating new programs and OUs. Thanks @Darshpreet2000 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello! I was thinking, what if we make an iOS application as well! @r0bby @sunbiz What are your thoughts?

I have also developed Prototype in Figma. link

Nice idea. Having a common codebase would be more maintainable for both platforms.

Agreed. And what are the plans for creating backend? If we are going with Rest-API then I have experience in Fast-API, Flask Restplus. We can start working on backend. I believe there is no existing repo for the backend, We can set it up and I can start contributing to build the backbone of the proposed project.

Please read the discussion above, for the backend DHIS2 will be used, App will use its API to send & receive data , you may use stable demo servers from here for learning

I found that, there are no compatible SDKs for iOS in order to integrate it with the same, then how can one use the DHIS server with iOS for backend? @Darshpreet2000

What if we go with Native iOS Development, can i propose the same? @sunbiz

SDK is not required, there is only Android SDK for dhis2

We can directly use DHIS2 Tracker API to send & receive data

For Example: Login API

Just Call

https://play.dhis2.org/2.35.2/api/33/me

on Postman with Authorization as Basic Auth with username : admin & password: district

you will get response

Similarly any data can be get & posted using Tracker APIs

Feel free to ask if you have any difficulty

I agree that it is an overkill to use the SDK. You only need to use the Tracker Web API because the app has a lot of other functionality that is local, including the decision-support, reminders, messaging etc.

2 Likes

This project seems interesting to me but I only know Native iOS Development well, so I am eager to develop this project for iOS. Looking forward to develop this with the same.

Can I Propose this? @sunbiz

Hello, I am Harvey Kolle, a computer engineering student at the University of Buea, Cameroon. I wish to partake in GSOC2021 and I am very interested in participating in this project. Please I need some guidance and mentor-ship

Hi Harvey, welcome to the community. You can start by going through the project description and implementing the basic UI for the app. Also read the above messages they will clear most of your doubts if you still find any difficulty you can always ask that here :slight_smile:

Hello @Darshpreet2000 Looks like you created an Event capture program(from what I see). Please what distinguishing factor did you use to choose an Event capture program over a Tracker capture program?? My worry arises from here Tracker ¡ LogicalOutcomes/DHIS2-Curriculum Wiki ¡ GitHub

1 Like

Oh… maybe this already answered my worry to @Darshpreet2000 . I hope it does. And also from here : 1.73 Tracker Web API it says we can do CRUD using the API structures. Please I want to know if it’ll be possible to do CRUD from the app as well so that administrators can use the app also to update and create data. Or is it only limited to the DHIS2 data entry forms??

I don’t see Administrators using the app. The on-call schedule would be set by admins through DHIS2, and its access would be shown in the ECEB app. Other CRUD related to the baby’s health information should be done through the app.

1 Like