Project: Develop an Android mobile application for newborn clinical decision support

I wish to ask if this pdf document is still available because I can’t open nor download it.

We have design prototypes in Adobe XD already created for the ECEB app

I’m not sure what the problem is but Adobe XD keeps throwing me an error whenever I try opening the .xd file. Please can someone help me out🙏

Hello mentors, I have seen the designs of Essential Care for Every Baby and coded them into an android application made with flutter. I really want to contribute to the project and have completed the UI development of the application. The link for the same is Ankit Hans / essential-care-for-every-baby · GitLab. I have also created a pipeline using GitLab CI / CD for testing and deployment.

I would like to know about the further steps and like what will be the backend for the application? Thank you!

:link: Links

:computer: Samples

1 Like

I have completed the prerequisite task for this project, I have also used CI Pipeline to build the apk. I would be happy to know feedback on this app.

For the backend will we be using DHIS2 ?

Home Screen List of Babies Screen Initial Screen
Notification Screen Profile Screen Login Screen

@fabricengoran you can try solution given here

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Darshpreet2000

1 Like

Hello mentors, hope you are doing fine.

I read about this project and found it very useful, especially for people in low-income countries. I would love to spend my summer working on something this exciting and meaningful.

As requested by mentors, I have already coded some of the pages of the app according to XD prototype provided. I have also set up a CI pipeline in Gitlab to generate APKs on push. Screenshots are present in the README of the project.

Links -

I also some questions.

Do we already have a backend for ECEB or will that be also a part of the task during GSoC? If you can give an idea about this, then I can start looking into the backend tech before GSoC coding period.

I would also love to know your feedback and suggestions on the current status of the app that I have created, so that I can make improvements.

Thanks

Hello Mentors! Hope everyone of you is safe and sound during this pandemic.

I have implemented a few screens for the ECEB app using the flutter framework. It was my first time using Gitlab CI pipeline to build the Apk and it was easier than I thought it would be. I used the BLoC pattern for state management and faked some api calls just to get an overview of how the app would function.

Eagerly waiting for your further instructions.

Here are some links and screenshots.

:link:Links

• GitLab Repo

• Apks (Install the device-preview apk if you want to get an idea of how will the app look on devices of different sizes)(Refer to the last screenshot)

:iphone:Screenshots

1 Like

We plan to use the DHIS2 Tracker as the backend for the ECEB app. So the app will use the API to connect and retrieve data for all of the baby-mother dyads.

3 Likes

Hey folks, a bit late but here’s my submission for the evaluation tasks. I have also setup a CI which builds on every push and returns a downloadable apk (using artifacts). Built with full nnbd. Check out the code on the gitlab repo here

To preview the web version head on over to https://eceb.netlify.app/

You can also directly download the apk here

Screenshots:

2 Likes

Hello… here’s my submission for the evaluation task: Built in React Native

1.Gitlab repo with CI that runs unit test and build test on every push then give apk Gitlab repo.
2. This is a link to download Android apk to test. Apk file
3. Screenshots:

1 Like

I have few queries ,

1. Do we need to find ourselves how & where to insert the data in DHIS2? As there are lots of apps in DHIS2

2. which hosting service we will be using for deploying DHIS2 instance?

On this link there are some hosting options

For development during GSoC demo servers can be used https://play.dhis2.org/2.35.1/dhis-web-commons/security/login.action

Hello mentos, Hope you are fit and fine. I have completed the prerequisite task for the project. I have created a demo apk and used ci pipeline to build the apk. I have used kotlin to create this project and followed the best practices given by google to build the project.

GitLab Repo
Android APK Link

Screenshots →

2 Likes

Hi, everyone I am Udit Mishra and I recently learn MERN stack in web .I am new to open source and I want to contribute. so someone please guide me.

We will likely use one of our deployed servers for development purposes. However, for the application process and learning about the API, it is good to make use of one of the demo servers.

Yes, this should be written in the GSoC application for the project. Please go through the documentation here - Tracker - DHIS2 Documentation

3 Likes

Thankyou for answering my queries

I used Tracker Capture, new births can be easily captured using that by creating program & different stages in that,

But How On-Call Doctors data will be stored ? because there is no option to create someone’s schedule of On-Call in any app of DHIS2, we only have option to fill data like form fields.

Yes, but the point is to not use Tracker Capture app. We need to use Programs to create the structure that is needed. The on-call doctor schedule should be registered in the same way. It should be made as a program form with different repeatable frequency. i.e. it should be fillable by the facility administrator on the DHIS2 side, and the ECEB app should use that information to show the on-call doctors.

1 Like

Thankyou for answering

This is for On-Call Doctor’s data storage

I created an event program, please check this if I am doing it correctly

Steps for On Call Doctors info storage in program

1. Creating Data Elements with attributes ( Doctor’s Name, Date, Start Time, End Time ) for ON-CALL

2. Creating an Event Program for On-Call Doctors & Enrolling them there.

3. This Event in program which will act as their schedule with attributes such as (Date, Shift Start Time, Shift End Time)

4. This event is repeatable & can be made for any future date

5. User’s will be assigned to the event so we can also give notification using DHIS2

List of doctors with their On-Call Schedule

Event Form which will be filled by facility administrator

please let me know if it’s correct or should I change anything?

Also, I want to know with this structure the administrator will need to update data daily, so it will be difficult for him, I was thinking to make a week schedule for every doctor with start & end time should I do that?

If any student who has done this in some other way may discuss his ideas here

Hello mentors, I had completed the starter task of the ECEB project. I had created the App Screens (Welcome page, Authentication Page, Home Page, Notifications Page (Risk Assessment & Monitoring Alerts), Profile Page) as per the design provided. I had also integrated the CI / CD pipelines with a dummy yml file. I like this project and the idea very much and want to contribute to this project.

I had used java and XML as the programming languages and Android Studio as Software. I had created an apk file so that it can be run on a real device and attaching the link for the same there.

App Screenshot :

Android App Link GitLab Repo Link

I would be happy to know the feedback on this app and the further task that I should do.

1 Like

Nice work Darshpreet :+1:. Can you please share which instance / URL you are using because I tried the demo server() but I am not able to access the maintenance page and program registration page?