Summary Talks on changing the EHR’s theme to a default have been held on several occasions. Currently the EHR supports a variety of themes which were incorporated to the codebase as a feature. We wish to swap that to a default theme as some of the theme breaks the UI and some texts, pics, buttons don’t render appropriately on screen. Your task this summer will be to:
- Remove all current theme from the codebase and default to a chosen theme
- Design and implement a new interface for the EHR software from Mockups to UI realization.
- Incorporate this theme into the current codebase and ensure functionality with the current codebase.
Task Prerequisites :
- Clone and setup the EHR instance locally
- Solve at least two issues on our issue tracker to get familiar with the codebase
- Design a mockup of the new interface for now the home screen and Login screen will do.
- Web development (HTML, CSS, JS, MySQL, PHP)
- Web UI frameworks and Libraries (JQuery, Bootstrap, Materialize etc)
Deliverable At the end of this project, the EHR should have a new theme with all functionalities in place.
Bonus points: The EHR software is meant to be used on a desktop in a real practitioner’s office. Responsive design will be very much welcomed as far as mobile but that shouldn’t be a priority!