Project: Create web components for FHIR Resources

I made the changes and landed a MR. As the tests were passing even when they were incorrect, after changing some new fails occured , so i tried to fix some of these new and old fails but still there are 4 fails remaining (in total) from 2 components

• 2 from unit/fhir-observation-referencerange.html
  • 2 from unit/fhir-location-get.html (might be a rendering error: <fhir-location-get>demo )
1 Like

I have fixed the remaining failures and commited to the MR.

1 Like

I have created some webcomponents to implement Diagnostic-Report resource and a get webcomponent to assemble these components.

These are :

the fields in the resource which are of reference type are used through the reference webcomponent created, some of the above mentioned component could possibly be replaced by the type components (some of which i had mentioned before) once they are created.

link to MR

1 Like

I have made some mockups for the webcomponents i had mentioned before, also tried to show the utilised web-components (if any) used to create another web-component (RED ARROW)

2 Likes

Hey Everybody . I am not Able to understand is it the same project which is in gsoc this year LibreHealth / LibreHealth Toolkit / lh-toolkit · GitLab
but this repository is LibreHealth / LibreHealth Toolkit / lh-toolkit-webcomponents · GitLab so this project thread is the extension of feature of lh-toolkit-webcomponent

@Adityakushwaha142 I think this project thread is just for the webcomponent part (the second link you have attached) :}

ohk bro . Thanx a lot

FHIR is a standard for EHR interoperatability. We hope to add support to LibreHealth Toolkit.

1 Like

Hello everyone ! I have a doubt related to create type resource based webcomponent. Some of the fields in the resource are of Array prototype with nested objects, for webcomponents other than the create type these objects are shown one after the other but in these create type webcomponent we can only send one object as the request…

below is the patient-get webcomponent with multiple name and telecom details fields…

and now below is the create-patient webcomponent with max one element for any field…

so should we provide an addition type button (for all multiple value taking fields) which increases one more element with default empty values (only for these create type webcomponents)?

1 Like

I think we should allow the developer implementing the UX using the web components should have a choice for that, like a repeat button or simply just add that subcomponent back to the page. i.e., this is implementation flexibility that should not be brought into the web component itself.

Does my reply make sense or did I not get what you are proposing?

1 Like

Yes, this cleared my doubt and completely makes sense :+1:

@r0bby what is the current status of this project, I mean is this a definite project ?

yes, it is a definite project, if we get good applicants.

1 Like

Are there any additions or changes that I should make to these (2nd pre task)? also should I create the datatype webcomponents I had made mockups on?

Some of the mocked-up components are not very useful to build an EHR. e.g., money, annotation, timing, signature. It would be useful, if you could look at an EHR system, maybe the lh-radiology or lh-toolkit UI and think of components that will be useful to replace the existing JSP based web pages.

2 Likes

I had a look at the above reference and some EHR systems and created a refined list of datatype that can be used:

• identifier (there is a person-identifier component present already, could use it for general purpose)
  • code
  • codeableconcept
  • reference
  • instant
  • datetime
  • attachment
  • contact point
  • quantity
  • string (could be used for simple field that take simple number or text input )
  • boolean (could be implemented like checked or unchecked boxes)

Some resouces that can help along with the already present ones:

Once the dataypes are ready, GET / POST component of the above can be created using the new and already created datatype webcomponents, only a few resource-specific-component will be required like :

1 Like

Yup – ideally when this project is completed, we’ll have components for all FHIR Resources which will allow developers to build things out in any way they choose.

1 Like

I saw some open issues on the webcomponent repo here. Can we work on these ?

yes, sure, please feel free to create new issues, work on any existing issues and provide MRs. We are open-source, so no need to ask.

1 Like

landed a MR for issue #44

1 Like