Project: Create web components for FHIR Resources

have a few doubts regarding this project :

• Will this project be more based on creation of new webcomponent for general EHR systems or implementing the toolkit app using the already created webcomponents?

• As according to the first post the new webcomponents which were required to be created for the app were order and observation resources: i could not find the order resource and observation was created last year?

I think we have created enough web components and the goal for this project would be to implement an EHR system using those components. Some components might be missing and those have to be implemented simultaneously. A good project proposal will be able to mock the screens for the EHR and identify those that will be required to be developed.

1 Like

Hello mentors, I have shared the draft proposal through the website, hoping to get your feedbacks and work on the improvements, I have also shared the proposal here :

1 Like

@sunbiz Thanks a lot for giving me the feedbacks earlier, I have made the additions according to your comments, should I submit the final pdf proposal?

I was looking into the security part of fhir and found that there are no resources to administer access control management or authentication. Also, an EHR should have some kind of security system that administers users, user authentication, and user authorization, so what would be the proper way to implement the above mentioned features ?

@sunbiz will have to answer this but I just wanted to give an acknowledgment that it’s not being ignored by us.

1 Like

Those should probably come from the system in which the API is implemented. So, the EHR backend will have to implement some form of security. In the past, we used Spring security and through that we authenticated through Basic Auth based on the request header. This worked only when using SSL for end-to-end encrypted sessions. However, for web components, this is something that can be ignored because the request for those web components can be blocked for lack of authentication on the server pages that include the web components in them.

1 Like

:link: Continue the discussion :point_right: Project: Create web components for FHIR Resources)