Project: Automatic labelling of Radiology Images

I love Docker – but I’m also an infra guy so I see value in it.

1 Like

Hello mentors,

I have uploaded my POC on my Github https://github.com/aish-where-ya/Libre-Health-POC. Please go through my code.

I tried deploying my Flask app on Heroku but my project has a requirement of Tensorflow in requirements.txt which takes up a lot of space. Hence I get an error while deploying on Heroku as

Compiled slug size: 527.3M is too large (max is 500M).

Please can someone suggest a workaround for this tensorflow dependency while deployment.

Hello @pri2si17, Deep Lesion is one of the largest image sets currently available of CT images released from the NIH to help with better accuracy of lesion documentation and diagnosis. It includes over 32,000 lesions from 4000 unique patients. Also the Diabetic Retinopathy dataset It is a very common disease and a leading cause of blindness in adults, it would be really cool if we could add this as well. Can we add these in our proposal? Thank you.

@judywawira @sunbiz can you please see whether we can use these images?

@SinghKislay I guess you can add into your proposal, but add only those things which are achievable. Are you working on your proposal?

Hi @aishwhereya, I will look into the code and revert you. Are you working on your proposal?

Yes @pri2si17 I am working on it right now. Could you please answer the following questions-

1. What kind of datasets will we be working on - Open Source or Libre Health’s dataset ? If Open Source, then should I mention all the research regarding Open Source datasets in my proposal?

2. Should I also mention my research regarding the Deep learning model in my proposal?

Yes to both. We will use open source dataset.

Hello @pri2si17, I have completed my proposal, It took me some time because I was implementing object detection in the POC aswell. I have successfully implemented it. Thank you for your time, If you have any query I’ll try to resolve them asap.

1 Like

Yes, these can be used.

1 Like

hello @pri2si17 @sunbiz @r0bby,
I had submitted the draft proposal on 22nd March and it is yet to be reviewed. Please look into it and suggest any necessary changes. I am waiting for your reply. Thanks

1 Like

Be patient. Don’t pester.

Hello mentors, I have submitted my draft proposal on the GSoC portal. I would love a review of my work before I submit my final proposal.

I have also proposed to use the RSNA Pneumonia Detection Dataset. I would like your opinion about using this dataset of annotated Chest-XRay images. If this dataset cannot be used, I have suggested replacements for this in my proposal. Awaiting your response so that my proposal can be modified accordingly.

1 Like

Hello Mentors, is it I have submitted the proposal and also POC , Please have a look at it

Uh pay attention to the timeline, you’re late.

Sorry for joining the group late, But will my submission be considered for evaluation as I have submitted it before the deadline ?

Well, you have to show your coding skills but still you can work on this project. Provide your github repo for this project.

Yeah sure, this is the link to my github repo - https://github.com/VishalKanakamamidi/DenseNet-121-for-Radiology-Images-Annotation and link to my proposal - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i1HLQfEyX6fDHlGx9MqhZRvvXeSk32Ge2GZptuNeLbQ/edit?usp=sharing

Your proposal is not useful as you didn’t submit it to Google in time.

@pri2si17 if the POC was not submitted prior to the deadline, it’s not valid for GSoC. Adhering to deadlines is an important thing with GSoC.

The other bit is that the FINAL proposal is what we should consider. NOT the draft.

But , I have already submitted the final proposal pdf and the link to the POC in that pdf before the deadline, in GSOC portal. Can you now consider it for evaluation ?

Here is the link to my final proposal that I have submitted in the GSOC portal -

And Here is the link to the POC which I have specified in the PDF -