Project: Android application to show birth registration & newborn health data

But they should be ready to join the forum and be a part of this.

I would like that. Since I donā€™t want private email threads happening.

1 Like

@r0bby I had a doubt regarding the blog. We should just setup our blog site and share the link right?

On the thread I created, yes. If you have an existing one, feel free to use it. Thereā€™s a blogging requirement. Pay attention to my congratulation post.

The team we are working at Evernym use Slack for support, and currently they are in a closed beta (which we are part of) - so, in the short-term it would be most expedient if a) @r0bby & @prajwal27 joins the Slack channel (with @r0bby observing) or b) @prajwal27 joins the Slack, and I will archive and share the channelā€™s content here (or somewhere else) on a weekly basis (or whatever interval works).

Would that work?

1 Like

@iainbarclay Currently, Iā€™m not part of the Slack Channel. Iā€™m fine with both the options though.

Thatā€™s fine - weā€™ll see what @r0bby advises as the best route and pick it up next weekā€¦ hope everything is going well.

That would not. Slack is closed off to the public. The idea is that anybody watching our forums can see whatā€™s happening. The only permitted places that you can communicate are here(no Private Messages, I can check) and our chat. The Jitsi meet room is also permitted, but no other places.

Is it possible to have a separate channel for the project in chat? Rocket.Chat is available for desktop as well as mobile. So itā€™s better there than these forums right?

Both work. I mentored a student where all communication happened in pull requests and on Discourse. Iā€™ll set up things this weekend.

@iainbarclay and @Maria-Freytsis have you guys joined the LibreHealth chat gsoc`? It would be better if we had people from Evernym also be a part of this

1 Like

Iā€™m probably missing something - whatā€™s the difference/benefit between using the chat and the forum here? Both show as web pages for meā€¦

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t think we can expect Evernymā€™s developers to join us in these forums - but maybe if questions are posted here I can copy them to their Slack and report the answers back, or if you post questions on (eg) GitHub/GitLab - I could bring them to the attention of the Evernym guys and they could reply (or you could tag their github/lab idā€™s once we know them?) - (maybe that is what @r0bby is already suggesting by ā€œpull requestsā€? Iā€™m not familiar with Open Source language and processes yet Iā€™m afraid, but will learn!) - thanks!

Then can they interact on the pull requests?

If that will work from your side then I suggest we try it and seeā€¦

Hello @prajwal27, and welcome to our Google Summer of Code team! We are so excited to work with you this Summer. We look forward to a very productive and cooperative collaborative experience. Best, Dr. Bucher

1 Like

GitHub is great, if available.

1 Like

Hi @r0bby @iainbarclay @shbucher @gsiwo @sradha @prajwal27,

Mentors from the NeoLinkID side would like to propose 2 things for communication and documentation.

1. A weekly call for mentors and Prajwal on Thursdays 9am EST
  2. A Github repository for all documents, code, and project materials.

@r0bby if you are in agreement, could you please set up the Github and invite us and also create a recurring Thursday morning call (if thatā€™s possible with LH video calling?).

I can then populate the Github repo with all of the project documents that Prajwal will need in order to get started.

Thanks! Maria

3 Likes

What is the project name to be?

I do have a question: we would ideally prefer to use GitLab but you are welcome to use GitHub as it is available and 100% possible. I say this because GitLab has features that GitHub simply lacks.

2 Likes

GitHub repo created. I will also create one on GitLab ā€“ and mirror:

I am hoping that I got @iainbarclay ā€“ heā€™s admin. I added a LICENSE and README.md file.

1 Like