Project: Android application to show birth registration & newborn health data

@r0bby I have updated Timeline. Waiting for feedback.

@r0bby @shbucher @iainbarclay I have submitted my proposal and am eagerly waiting for your suggestions on how to improve it. Here is a link to my POC(https://github.com/AkshobhyaP/LibreHealth) and would also like to know your views about it. Thank You.

Please resize your screenshots. Theyā€™re insanely large.

@r0bby Thank you. I will surely do that. Any other ways I can work on improving it. I was thinking of adding code snippets of some of the major components.

Hello @shbucher,@r0bby, Iā€™m Harshit from India . This is a great project Idea and Iā€™m interested in it. I have read through and I have an idea and made the POC repository:

Dear @iainbarclay, I would like to know what technology would be used for the backend and would we be getting the data in a json format.Moreover is it necessary to have code contributions to apply for this project.

Thank you, Abhishek.

Make a proposal. There are no limitations for this project.

@r0bby Donā€™t we have to use the Evernym API for backend as mentioned in the problem statement or can we use a REST API with Retrofit for making the code easier to work on in future as more people are familiar with it.

The point here is to do your research.

Hi all, Iā€™ve just reviewed all the proposals we have submitted to us already, I havenā€™t looked at any code, just the proposals - some general comments - tidy and well presented proposals give an immediate good impression (and the opposite!), some people have taken time to think about self-sovereign identity and how it will impact this work and the area we are working in - this is good, and shows engagement and interest in the project area. Thanks for all your work so far, and good luck with the rest of the process.

1 Like

@bishtmanish739 Change the title of your proposal as well on the GSoC website

@N-Alli similarly.

In your case, the title shows you have a lack of attention to detail. LibreHealth is one word, not two and you can leave that out, just put, ā€œAndroid application to show birth registration and newborn health dataā€ as the title.

This goes all of you who submitted proposals, ensure your title matches the project title on the forumsā€¦also donā€™t use PHP for the backendā€¦

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/5182975743885312/proposal/5527771859648512/

@r0bby I have made some significant changes to my proposal based on your advice and some additional research I had been doing. I am eagerly waiting for your feedback on them and would like to know if any modifications are required before I finalize it.

@shbucher @r0bby @iainbarclay @Maria-Freytsis @gsiwo I have submitted the draft proposal. I know that Iā€™m a bit late in submitting the draft, but surely welcome any kind of feedback or suggestion.
Here is the link to my Proof-Of-Concept here.

Thank You.

Please title your proposal on the GSoC website here to match the title: Google Summer of Code

ā€œAndroid application to show birth registration and newborn health data" instead of " A proposal for the Birth Registration and Vaccine Tracker Project" - the title becomes the project title if selected.

Is there something in the proposal that concerns you?

Fix the title and Abstract to use the proper project name.

I have made the changes in the proposal as suggested. Anything else that seems to be wrong in the proposal?

@shbucher @iainbarclay I am a student from India and am currently pursuing my Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science Engineering.I am really interested in working with the organization and develop this project. I have completed and submitted the proposal in the draft phase now and would like to know if there are any issues with my proposal. I will keenly resolve them ASAP. Thank you, Abhishek.

and your proof of concept app? This project has a pre-requisite that if you do not complete it, your application will not be considered.