Let's start brainstorming Google Summer of Code 2018 project ideas

@mentors,

I know we’re all slammed with Google Code-in work – but the application window for Google Summer of Code 2018 opens up on January 4th.

For project ideas, please follow the way we did last year’s project ideas and have a thread per project idea and tag them with the following tags gsoc2018, gsoc2018-projectusing both tags please.

These threads will be both the entry point for students looking for projects and the place for them to ask questions about the projects.

Put your thinking caps on! Projects MUST be all listed on the forums under the two tags I specified.

I added a GSoC2018 label to the github labels. so you can search on the possible ones

@teryhill, they need to be moved to the forums. Doesn’t have to happen now, but at some point.

Just think of it as pre-brain storming or barn storming :sunglasses:

That’s fine :slight_smile: Trying to keep things organized.

Hello, I would like to contribute. I tried demos but username password is incorrect. Could you please help me understand the motto of LibreHealth.
As far as what I understand as LibreHealth build tools that enhance the quality of healthcare around the world.
According to my understanding so far and for brainstorming about the gsoc2018 project, I am thinking about an Android Application which helps to maintain all data about patients. Please correct my understanding of LibreHealth!

@anandwana001, An Android project is not in the pipeline right now.

The password for what projects are incorrect?

I am trying to log in here as suggested here
username- Admin
password-Admin123

ok, so could you please provide what kind of ideas LibreHealth looking for gsoc-2018!!?

We don’t know yet – that’s why I created this thread.

ok, I’ll check the previous projects and ping back later

That might not be an indication of this year’s projects. Hang tight for now. Right now we’re busy with Google Code-in.

1 Like

@mentors, I know we’re all slammed with Google Code-in – but this a gentle nudge that we should think of a small list of ideas.

See the first post of this thread for how to do set these up.

If an idea from last year is still useful, let me know and I will update the tags to gsoc2018, gsoc2018-project.

@mentors – I took some of the projects we did not do last year and migrated them plus cleaned the threads up:

https://forums.librehealth.io/tags/gsoc2018-project – let me know if these are still good

cc: @sunbiz @judywawira

FHIR. (Radiology->EHR as testbed for full FHIR database API in both)

Telemedicine

EHR communications

Financial refactor.

-I suggest we pick very very carefully, and outlay the project(s) with a requirement for a full study in the proposals.

1 Like

Whatever we choose, once we do so - must be a thread per project idea with detailed descriptions, with the tags specified in the first post.

Another thing, ensure that the ideas remain in the #community:gsoc category.

I have an Idea, Redesigning the project pages on librehealth.io and maybe redesigning our localhost, is one thing that could be key to patient UI to give an attractiveness other than the white and blue, maybe add more of a LibreHealth feel to the local host. Also organizing the code in the files needed. Also one key thing that I suggest is community outreach to local imaging professionals or health related businesses is key in the development and potential use of LibreHealth. Would love to help during GSOC, maybe not as a mentor, but as a helper Thanks, jdew192837

That is not a valid GSoC project. That’d be a valid Outreachy project though.