GSoC 2019 Potential Student and Mentor Meet & Greet

Based on your skillset, the following project is best for you:

We requite all prospective students to make a non-trivial contribution in order to be accepted.

Project leads is @tony – I ask that you not directly private message them.

You can also join our chat, again no private messages with mentors!

Thank you @r0bby , i got it

Hello, I’m Roy Esibe, undergraduate software engineering student in the University of Buea in Cameroon. I’m new to the open source community and after reading the values of LibreHealth , i’m strongly looking forward to contributing here

Hey @Echo2roy,

Our projects are largely Java and PHP.

LibreHealth Toolkit and LibreHealth Radiology are in Java.

LibreHealth EHR is in PHP. Currently using PHP 7.1+.

You’d have to start by learning one of those languages and making non-trivial contributions – we cannot accept you without a non-trivial contribution.

Questions can be answered on our chat.

1 Like

Hello I am Tchana Ngassa Valdo, from Cameroon. I am a student in the university of buea college of technology studying software engineering. I am interested in open source and I wish to participate in Google summer of code 2019.

Hey there @Valdo,

Moved your post here.

You’d have to start by learning one of those languages and making non-trivial contributions – we cannot accept you without a non-trivial contribution.

Hello All,

I’m Eunice Amoh from University of Canberra. I have participated in previous year GSoC under OpenMRS. I’m familiar with Java, Spring and FHIR standard. I’m new to the community. Hoping to participate in GSoC under LibreHealth. I’m looking to provide my contributions to enhance the librehealth platform.

Thank you

Hello,

My name is Deepika Sai Kasturi and I am a graduate student pursuing Health Informatics at the School of Informatics and Computing (SoIC) at Indiana University Purdue University - Indianapolis. My bachelor’s degree was in the field of Dentistry and I decided to pursue Health Informatics for my Master’s in order to learn how to deliver better health care by means of technology with the help of my clinical experience. When I heard about GSoC I was intrigued and wanted to be a part of it. I have knowledge of programming languages such as R, Python, and C. I previously completed a project where I used various regression models to predict prices of housing using Python. I am currently working on a project that involves JavaScript.

Thanks and Regards.

Hello, My name is Ayissi Nke joel Narcisse, am a computer engineering student at the University of Buea, Cameroon. I have heard so much about Librehealth … I really like coding stuff ,I am also passionate about Medecine.I am looking for an opportunity to showcase and improve my skills in java, and am also looking forward to exciting challenges that would build me up to become a good developer.

Going to do a catch-all reply:

Read the previous messages – my replies will be the same.

Hello everyone, I am Thivagar Mahendran from Srilanka. I am also an undergraduate student at Informatics Institute of Technology, currently at my third year. I have experience in JavaScript, Angular framework, Java and PHP. I am really excited to contribute to the projects here and eagerly waiting to start on a project which suits my skill set. Thank You.

Hello sir! My name is Pratiksha Gadkari and I am 3rd year B.tech student in the field of Information Technology. I would like to contribute for google summer of code 2019 . Can you please guide me ? How do i contribute to the code?

Welcome @Pgadkari98,

Please do not use sir/madam.

Hi I am Manar Sherif a masters student at Ain Shams University Cairo Egypt and a Software Development engineer at Mentor Graphics Egypt. I am mostly C++, Java developper and I am applying for GSoC 19 . What should I do next?

Hello : ) My name is Manthan Admane (userId: MisterAwesome) and I’d like to contribute primarily to lh-toolkit and lh-radiology because of my competency in Java. I am also a web enthusiast and on my way to grasp PHP from base allowing me to browse more projects and to work and contribute to a project which really drives me. Looking forward to LibreHealthGSoC19. Thank you : )

Did you see the announcement post I made? It has next steps :slight_smile:

hi i am pratiksha gadkari a B.tech 3rd year student. I am looking for a project to contribute to and how do i contribute to it. please can someone guide me?

Hi @Pgadkari98 – what skills do you have?

Hi , I am prabhakar jha currently pursuing my btech degree in computer science and engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad(IIT Dharwad). I want to be an integral member of LibreHealth community. I will be applying for gsoc 2019 so I want to know about how to start contributing to libra health. My skill set include - Programming Languages: C,Fluent in C++, Python,Java,VHDL, Libraries: Numpy, Matplotlib,Panda Software Skills: Git, MATLAB, AutoCAD, Scilab,Django Web Development: HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, SQL,Postgresql Other Skills: Bash script, Sed, Awk, Wireshark, Latex

So please guide me in my way.