GSoC 2019 Potential Student and Mentor Meet & Greet

Hi @Pgadkari98 – what skills do you have?

Hi , I am prabhakar jha currently pursuing my btech degree in computer science and engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad(IIT Dharwad). I want to be an integral member of LibreHealth community. I will be applying for gsoc 2019 so I want to know about how to start contributing to libra health. My skill set include - Programming Languages: C,Fluent in C++, Python,Java,VHDL, Libraries: Numpy, Matplotlib,Panda Software Skills: Git, MATLAB, AutoCAD, Scilab,Django Web Development: HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, SQL,Postgresql Other Skills: Bash script, Sed, Awk, Wireshark, Latex

So please guide me in my way.

Hey @PraJha,

Made some edits, our name is LibreHealth, not “libra health”. Have you looked at our ideas list? Please have a peek at other messages in this topic, I feel it’s getting repetitive with my canned replies. The projects this summer will be for the LibreHealth Toolkit and LibreHealth Radiology project primarily. Which means you need to know Java.

Did you see the announcement post I made? It has next steps :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, I am Harshit Verma 1st year Computer Science undergraduate studying in IIT Roorkee. I am skilled in js(node.js) & php, and i am beginner in python. Can anyone tell project ideas proposed by Libre Health for GSOC’ 19.

Hello everyone ! My name is Harsha from K L University, I am a final year computer science student and enthusiastic about Open Source Contribuations. I had keen interst in the health based tools . I have worked on Bahmni an health management tool .I had worked on Implementation as well as development in Bahmni . I am familiar with python , Java and Sql . I want to apply for GSOC19 . Please guide me how to start

Looking forward to contribute to LibreHealth

Have a peek at the project ideas and my tips in our announcement post:

Hi! I am Janvi , a second year undergraduate majoring in computer science in India. I am proficient with java and android and I am willing to participate in Gsoc 2019 and contributing to the organization.

Hi, I am Pasan Thirunda from Sri Lanka. I am a student from Sri Lanka Institute of Information System studying Software Engineering and I am in 3rd year. I have experience in javascript, java, nodejs, react js, html, database and bootstrap. I like to contribute for your organization and be a part of large community.

Welcome @janvi04 and @pasan04!

Have a peek at the project ideas and my tips in our announcement post:

Hello , I’m Chwabo Carl Collins, a student of the ICT University in Yaounde Cameroon. I would love to contribute to librehealth during gsoc 2019. I would love to work on the Librehealth toolkit. Please Can someone from the community orientate me on next steps I should Take? Thanks

Everything you need to know is listed there:

A big component into how to get selected is to show you know how to do basic research.

1 Like

Hello, I am Adarsh Maurya from NIT Puducherry, India. I am presently in 2nd year, pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science and know Java (just introduced to php though). I am interested to learn more about open source technologies and contribute to the community.

See the post above yours.

Hi sir @r0bby. I am new to gsoc. I just had one query. On LibreHealth’s section in gsoc website, there the 3 umbrella projects listed. So my contribution has to be just related to those 3 projects or can it be anything?

Regards Aman Goyal NIT Kurukshetra

1. Don’t use “sir/madam”
  2. We do have 3 projects but since mentoring is a labor-intensive job, we don’t have an adequate number of mentors for LibreHealth EHR.

Ok. So is it fine if I put a proposal on a different idea than the 3 projects?

No. You have to be matched to a mentor. If you are proposing a project, you have to find at least 2 mentors willing to work with you. If you want to discuss your project, hop on our chat.

Our project ideas are based on the needs that we have currently.

Hello sir,

Myself Rajat Jadam from India. I have a working experience in Java for around more than 4 years. Currently I am working on CoAp(Constrained Application Protocol) and CoCoA[ Californium made purely in java ] used for iot-devices.

I am very eager to join your open source project so that i can contribute to this world something worth.

Read the following:

A post was split to a new topic: README: Starter tasks for LibreHealth Toolkit & Librehealth Radiology