Google Summer of Code 2023 Weekly Status Reports

What progress have you made this week?

What do I plan to do next week?

• Complete List Of Babies Components
  • Start work for notification screen and account

Have you had any blockers or issues that are impeding your project?

• No
1 Like

• Implemented a feature that allows adding and retrieving infant data from the DHIS2 server. With this feature, a family member can only access their own baby’s data, but a caregiver can access any baby’s data.
  • Related Issue#47 - Related Merge Request#47.
  • Had a discussion with the mentors about the functionality to add the babies present in ECEB to the NeoRoo program.

• Work on the feature to edit the infant data and add search functionality for the care giver.
  • Work on the functionality to add infant from the ECEB program.

• No
1 Like

1. Finished Login Screen
  2. Finished Sign Up Screen

Not yet requested to merge, since it’s pending some changes in the design

1. Have had a productive discussion with Dr. @shbucher about some modifications to the design and implementation of Neoroo based on the user study, in summary, these were the main points that were discussed: @sunbiz @Khushboo @Mehul-Kumar-27
      1. Maintaininig a balance between strong validation and not frustrating our end users. (done :white_check_mark:)
      1. keeping in mind the flexibility to assign PIN codes options instead of password for research purposes (Khushboo and me)
      1. Mehul’s point: “Removing the password validation from login screen, so that it doesn’t cause problems for users who are already registered” (done :white_check_mark:)
      1. Popping out a dialog(alert) box to warn the user about the invalidation of input field (Todo :memo:)
      1. if the input field is valid, we should show that to the user (e.g. making the border green) (Todo :memo:)
      1. add an eye icon to the password field to (show/hide) the password (Todo after discussion with khushboo :memo:)
      1. Home page UI: instead of using tick box in the alert card, we should use an icon that is more indicative about the baby vital we are being alerted about, also, its icon color should be representative about how severe the alert is (Todo after discussion with khushboo :memo:)
      1. Whether or not the ToDo checklist needs to be removed from the app or moved to somewhere different (Todo after discussion with khushboo :memo:)
      1. Change some of the vitals icons: mainly the Temperature and Blood Oxygen Saturation (probably also change it to SpO2) by looking through the universely accepted icons and try to come up with some options (e.g. come up with 2 or 3 icons that might represent a vital), also, may use 2 icons for raspiration, the already existing one (lungs) and a one that indicates apnea (pauses in breathing), which is a very urgent health event in a baby) (Todo after discussion with khushboo :memo:)
      1. during authentication, we should make the user write the server url + new screen pops up and a user chooses the organization unit (Todo after discussion with khushboo :memo:)

• Discuss all the above notes with Khushboo and modify the user authentication screens based on that
  • Also, starting on the home page UI of the care provider after Khushboo modifies the needed modification

• No
1 Like

• Pushed MR for adding model properties to administration settings - link
  • Pushed MR for adding method that pulls available model information from AI model service - link
  • Pushed MR for adding method that pulls dicom metadata tags information from orthanc server - link
  • Pushed MR for modifying the AI model inference call from RIS by including dicom metadata information and model properties from admin settings page - link
  • Started coding logic for the model selection and its endpoint in the AI Model Service

What I plan to do next week?

• Make the model task configuration in the admin settings to a drop down by utilizing the method from the MR that pulls available model information from AI model service
  • Progress on developing the model selection endpoint at the AI Model Service end
  • Meet with mentor for feedback, guidance and to move forward

• I want to clarify queries and some technical difficulties I am facing with the RIS module. I would like to meet with my mentor soon and align.

• Complete the Role module after reviewing the changes.
  • Integration in different parts like auth login etc.
  • Will start working on the User Module

• The database seeder of the last update was giving errors as old roles cant be found. Solved it by updating the seeder.

• Complete Registration of Babies Components
  • Start work for Assessment phase Ui Implementation

• No
1 Like

• Implement the functionality to add infant from ECEB program to NeoRoo Program.
  • Implement the functionality to search for infants.
  • Continue the work on connecting the application to the Neo device.

• No
1 Like

1. Implemented Home Screen UI: MR: Fixing #53 : (Care-Provider-Screens) Home Screen: Integrate Widgets (!53) · Merge requests · LibreHealth / LibreHealth Incubating Projects / Mobile Helping Babies Survive (mHBS) / NeoRoo · GitLab
  2. Discussed the last weeks notes with the mentors and Khushboo, and settled down them

1. Make the required modifications on icons, authentication, and home page
  2. Implement the choose organization UI
  3. Implement Choose Vitals UI

• No
1 Like

• Make the model task configuration in the admin settings to a drop down by utilizing the method from the MR that pulls available model information from AI model service (Need to discuss with mentor on this)
  • Align on handling settings that are hardcoded in the AI Model Service (Need to discuss with mentor)

• I have been requesting my mentor for a meeting. I understand he is on a busy schedule now. I need to discuss to align & proceed. Would appreciate his availability.
1 Like

• Start Implementing the Users module.

None

1 Like

• Improvements on design and discussion in weekly scrum meeting
  • Work for Assessment phase Ui Implementation

• No

• Implement the functionality to show On Call Doctors program in the NeoRoo application.
  • Continue the work on connecting the application to the Neo Device.

• To send emails to the user we need to setup SMTP on the dhis2 server, after which we can work over enhancements in the Sign Up flow in the application.

1. Implemented the choose organization UI: related MR (Fixing #85 & #86 : Choose Organization Screen UI (!55) · Merge requests · LibreHealth / LibreHealth Incubating Projects / Mobile Helping Babies Survive (mHBS) / NeoRoo · GitLab)

2. Implemented Choose Vital Type Screen UI: related MR (Fixing #63, #64: Issue(Care-Provider-Screens) Choose Vital Type Screen: Vital Card &Integration of widgets (!56) · Merge requests · LibreHealth / LibreHealth Incubating Projects / Mobile Helping Babies Survive (mHBS) / NeoRoo · GitLab)

1. Modify the icons and color codings of the home screen based on the user feedback
  2. Implement the vitals info screen UI
  3. Add the server URL text field in the login screen

• No

• Start Implementing the functionality of Add Users.

None

• Make the model task configuration in the admin settings to a drop down by utilizing the method from the MR that pulls available model information from AI model service (Need to discuss with mentor on this)
  • Align on changes made to handling settings in the AI Model Service such as the config file for model selection (Need to discuss with mentor)

• Have been requesting my mentor for a meeting. I need to discuss to align & proceed. Would appreciate his availability.

• This week I worked on figma design alongside design mentor for the ECEB application previously inputs were given to do research on past iterations of application and make the workflow / designs simple and use a more appropriate theme for application which include styling and color coding scheme
  • From discussions I prepared 3 to 4 iterations of the current application to be move on with implementation once one of them is approved till next meet
  • Figma workflow ECEB Enhancements
  • Resolve OnCallDoctor issue still need approval from mentor in latest commit for MR
  • Related Issue -: Related Merge Request.

• Once a iteration from figma is approved by mentors in next meet , will work on its implementation
  • Use same design consistency theme throughout application.
  • Further work on OnCallDoctor and issues of application

• None

• Write functions to create graphs for the infant data.
  • Work on the ToDo section of the application.

• No

1. Discussed with our mentors some changes on the home screen regarding the color coding of icons used to represent vitals, also regarding the removal of high alerts screen and replace it with another functionality, since the high alerts are now on the home page

2. Modified Login Screen with some updates:

• Added eye icon on password files to show/hide password
  • Added server URL text field
  • Removed sign-up button

Link to MR: Fixing #44: IssueAuthentication Screens UI: Integration of widgets in sign in screen (!46) · Merge requests · LibreHealth / LibreHealth Incubating Projects / Mobile Helping Babies Survive (mHBS) / NeoRoo · GitLab

1. Implemented VitalsTreacker screen, completed issues #60 #61 #62

Link to MR: Fixing #60 , #61 , #62 : Vitals Tracker screen (!60) · Merge requests · LibreHealth / LibreHealth Incubating Projects / Mobile Helping Babies Survive (mHBS) / NeoRoo · GitLab

1. Complete the changes of icons color coding on choose vitals screen and home screen
  2. Add the to-do checkboxes on the home screen
  3. Start on Temperature Screen

• No

• Implementation of Invitation via mail functionality

None

• Restructure model selection hook method to move away from redirection to just calling the method by import.
  • Start integrating Mammography model. Pick a well performing model and integrate it to the AI Model Service

• None