Google Code-In 2017 Student and Mentor Meet & Greet

Hi all,

My name is Ben, and I’m a high school senior looking for a way to occupy himself during winter break. Ever since I was 10 years old I have been programming, and since then, it has been my main hobby along with mathematics. I focus on creating efficient algorithms, especially having to do with artificial intelligence. My favorite language is C, but I also frequently use python. Additionally, I have quite a bit of experience with web development (See my latest project, My school’s NHS website. Only code, no tools!). Some of my other projects include a non-structured recurrent neural network which evolves to play flappy bird, an alpha-beta negamax connect4 AI that runs on my TI-89 (about 2500 nodes per second), pacman for my calculator, snake also for my calculator, a fractal rendering application I like to call mandafractal, a basic interpreter, an (in progress) programming language I like to call SoftScript, and a neural networks library written in C. This past summer, I interned as a Datascientist at Tile Inc and completed google’s “foobar” challenge. I am so glad I discovered google’s Code-In and am looking forward to learning and getting to know the community!

2 Likes

Hi, My name is V Srinivas, I am from Hyderabad, India. I am participating for the first time in GOOGLE Code In program. My eye caught the sight of Libre Health as I am highly interested in programming HTML. I am also experienced with java. I also know the machine language-The Binary language… 10100 1000 1 1110 1011.(Thanks) :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Karol. I’m 15 and i’m programming web sites in Django. I’m GCI student and i hope i can learn something during this event . Recently I have little time to program but I try to change. Good luck for every GCI students!

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Tommy, actually it’s my preferred name. I’m a 10th grade student in Taiwan, I’m an international student from Australia. Currently studying at TES, I don’t have much background in coding but I do have an abundance of knowledge in Med. I have attended a hackathon before, a collaboration of MIT and TMU. I’m also in a lab that works on Artificial intelligence and Medicine.

1 Like

hi i am vansh. i am in class 9th. i love coding and learning new thing in computer

2 Likes

welcome @vansh we are glad to have you here. Don’t forget to join the gci channel https://chat.librehealth.io/channel/gci

My name is Cami Redford. I am a freshman in high school in Colorado. I love computer programming, especially HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I also know some Python, Java, and SQL. Most of these I learned from khanacademy.org or codeacademy.org . I’m interested in Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality. Some of my hobbies are baking cakes, organizing, and learning new languages. I probably wouldn’t want to be a doctor or a nurse, because blood makes me squeamish. However, I am extremely interested in psychology and finding out how computer programming can help with that. I’m excited to work with Libre Health and expand my knowledge!

2 Likes

Hello, I am Mbah Redeem. I am a tech enthusiast from Bamenda Cameroon(My Hometown)and i love coding with programming languages like Python,C|C++,Java, which i taught myself with. And i also love visiting sites like code.org. However, I wish to see myself saving lives using computer codes, and Libre Health will make my dreams come true. I’m So Excited!!

3 Likes

HI this is Adrien I’m in year 11 studying for my A levels in London and I originate from France! I love tech and I’m a fond of UI/UX since material design was introduced back then! I even created a whole community with 50k+ members around material design! I make simple mock-ups and code small apps as a hobby, I also play a lot of video games :P. I can’t wait to contribute towards Librehealth during GCI 2017!!

2 Likes

Hi I’m Anvitha. I am a sophmore in High school in Massachusetts. I have always been interested in technology because it’s obviously very important in our current world. I also love the medial field and so LibreHealth really caught my attention!

2 Likes

im ashwin dinesh, I’m a participant of Google Code-In 2017-2018. Librehealth caught my eye as I am interested in both Programming and the Medical Field. During GCI 2017-2018 I hope to expand my knowledge of Open Source.im senior in high school and im keen in programming

1 Like

Greetings fellow coders, My name is Tejas Garrepally and im a participant of the Google Code-In 2017 to 2018. Ive joined this competition to meet other tech savvies and to learn more. I’m very interested in going into the bio tech field and some of my hobies are pentesting, making contraptions, etc. Last of all, im very objective orientated and very willing to learn. I hope that LibreHealth can make this possible for me. It has been a pleasure to be a part of this community.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m Shrihari Kulkarni, I’m residing in kuwait and 14 years of age. I love computers, I fix computers, hardware and software wise to earn myself little amounts of money as I like working for it. I do HTML, Java , CSS and still learning coding. I love to know more and keep learning anything. So far i sound like a computer geek but, yeah I probably am. Oh, and did I mention that I make video games on the Unity engine and somewhat on unreal engine.

glad to be given such a wonderful chance

1 Like

Hi everyone!I am Deepak Kailash Balamurugan and I am a freshman at high school…I basically love coding but since I’m just a beginner,I am now working on just C and C++ programmes…I was referred google codein by a friend…!I am hoping to learn something new from google codein!Well,That’s all from me!I am hoping to have great fun here!

1 Like

Hi everybody! My name is Mallory Nesmith, I am a senior at John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids Iowa and found this project through my Computer Science class!

1 Like

Hello, My is Siddarth Peddi and I am currently a middle school student in the United States.I recently built my own pc,and this is my first first time participating in google code-in.I am eager to learn more coding languages.

1 Like

Hello Everyone. My name is Rohan. Im studying 11 standard. I love Smartphones computers. I remember building my first pc at the age of 11. It was soo fascinating. I mean building the thing which you can do alot of stuff in it. Especially it is built by me. I can shout like “I built this Freaking machine”. Ever since google, other companies introduced AI in to phones, That made me crazy. I always have a vision of helping AI one day to achieve impossibles. I saw soo many incidences in my life where i have thought having AI could made those situations easier. Sometimes there are students who are soo scared to ask questions in classrooms but are way brilliant then the whole people present in the school. One day i want to see AI helping those people and making fiction real. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, My name is Shlok, I’m in 9th grade and I’m a LabVIEW programmer, and into robotics. By this summer, I aim to be India’s youngest certified LV associate developer.

1 Like

Hello!!! My name is Uzair, i am 14 years old and i am student from India. I am currently in the process of learning Java. I got to know about google code in from a Relative. From this experience, I hope i can meet other programmers and get to know more about programming. My hobbies other than coding are Solving puzzles(such as Rubiks cube) and playing video games.

1 Like

Hi my name is Faith, i am 17 and from Arkansas. I am interested in a health career but want to increase my knowledge of programming!

1 Like