What are the current needs to expand the education project?

Do you think it would be beneficial to separate the demo server from the educational ones. It would keep us from stepping on their code and would allow us to mess up the Demo with out crashing them.

2 Likes

Agree with @teryhill

2 Likes

Devtip demo should not share anything with…anything. We also need it to reset pretty often. Aside from that, we need a real testing server. The “HoneyPot” test server is still up on my network, but really needs more admin fun stuff to make it nice. It is also an ad hoc sort of “Here, if you need to use it, here is a user-name” sort of thing. What we need is for the admin level peeps for a repo to be able to tell a test server to spin up for any selected branch. Then the testing and reviews (visual) and logs can be shared. These need not be one-VM-per-Branch or anything. It can just be a new directory in www.

Setup.php from command line is great, unless you want to see the actual user experience.

I will spin up a server for this on Rackspace – I’ll add it to my todos

@aethelwulffe

I tried to contact you via email but have not heard back. Can you tell us more about your patient generator software? I saw it briefly one year ago so would like to know how it might fit the overall project. Thanks

[Demo data generation](One of the several threads on this)

Basically, the current version just spits out a fake set of patients, with encounters, appointments and a bunch of practice management stuff.

The idea was always to get [active] collaboration or some other inspirational source to allow the actual encounters to include relevant Tx, Dx codes, as well as using the text of those and the NQF’s to generate the associated eval, plan and progress note content for pretty narratives. The preferred approach was to use the current MIPS and other similar standards of care to create contiguous clinical records that make sense.

Currently, the best tool we have for generating content that represents real-world data is the MIPS import tool. This tool takes in claim files and generates a LibrehealthEHR database. Essentially you can replicate (sans narratives) everything in the originating system by using it. You can combine claim files from many sources as well to make really really big data sets. Using the “report database importer” function in the EHR, you can then import data from that or from the synthetic generator. That usually finishes a very large import in only seconds. Finally, you can SAVE and LOAD database content if you have “MIPS DEMO SERVER” mode turned on. This allows you to run reports against one set of data, then switch to another, then back pretty conveniently.

@tony @yehster @judywawira @aethelwulffe @downey @teryhill

I just found out that our (Kevin Yeh and myself) presentation on The Educational Potential of EHRs was accepted for the AMIA Informatics Educator Conference in New Orleans in June. This will be an 18 minute talk so not a whole lot of time to discuss LibreHealth but gets our foot in the door. I’m hoping that we can solve the EHR URL and patient portal issues and Kevin can finish the upgrades prior to this time. I would appreciate any and all help

2 Likes

Congrats @rhoyt this is great news

@judywawira @tony @yehster @teryhill @aethelwulffe

I heard back from a nurse researcher yesterday from GWU who received from me. The research was based on insufficient knowledge about EHRs by undergraduate nurses. LibreHealth could be a good educational platform, particularly if it was studied and championed by someone like this for nurses. I think we should support her as a beta tester or at least get her opinion regarding our strengths and weaknesses. Her credentials are below. Have we figured out why the NHANES EHR is now ehr.librehealth.io?

Karen J. Whitt, PhD, AGN-BC, FNP-C | Associate Professor

The George Washington University School of Nursing

1919 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., #500

Washington, D.C. 20006

@r0bby is in charge of the infrastructure. He will need to tell us what is going on.

Nhanes has always been on the same site. We are going to move it to it’s own separate host.

Any and All champions for the education track are worth pursuing.

@tony

I agree that we need to reach out and partner up when possible, but that means a secure highly functioning tech platform. Had another person write me who is teaching health informatics to the Defense Health Agency (DOD and VA) and let him know we have a teaching EHR

I’m meeting with Judy and Michael this evening. We’ll talk about how to move this faster.

Tony McCormick Medical Information Integration

Please be aware that e-mail communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Please consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone. The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately with a copy to hipaa-security@mrsb-ltd.com and destroy this message.

1 Like

@tony @teryhill @judywawira @downey

Are we any closer to solving the EHR URL issue and therefore our patient portal issue? The bottom line for me is that when I try to access the portal on Jimmy Jennings I already set up months ago, I can’t use the credentials that are automatically generated. In the seventh edition of our textbook, I am using a few screenshots of the EHR which is good marketing but wanted a screenshot of a patient portal showing meds, diagnoses, etc. for the chapter on consumer health informatics. I appreciate any help/advice you might provide

@r0bby have you figured out what the url is for the Nhanes site?

Can you paste the URL you used so I can debug it? I kinda wanna make sure that nhanes.librehealth.io is no longer used – I’d like to deprecate it in favor of the ehr site and use ehr.librehealth.io – the less I have to keep track of the better.

@r0bby @teryhill

If ehr.librehealth.io is the favored website, please give me the newest URL for the patient portal, as it points back to the NHANES EHR version so I can access the patient portal. Thanks

https://ehr.librehealth.io/patient_portal/?site=nhanes

@r0bby @teryhill

Thanks for the URL but the patient credentials that are automatically generated by accessing Jimmy Jennings record: Jimmy 93 and 7$ag1% do not provide access to the portal. I suspect the portal address in the ehr.librehealth version needs to be changed

Try:

Jimmy93/ 3#kq0$