Project: Develop an Android mobile application to show patient friendly costs of care

as far as I can figure with the current data situation, the best approach would be to manually extract all the CDM data, store it centrally and provide an API for its access to the mobile applications as most hospitals do not have the data in the web scraper accessible location. This would require a lot of time in data collection but we can implement a crowdsourced method within the application where users can help in information collection. am I on the right path @r0bby ?

From what I know, and the project description above, these are required to be posted in a web scraper accessible location by the hospital or hospital system. This repo has some links: hospital-chargemaster/hospitals.tsv at master · vsoch/hospital-chargemaster · GitHub

Please view this video in this folder https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BFye-arJdMSmRCiIAtfCrNCxB37qYUPD

I am Using API to get data from my database. I have used Python WEB SCRAPPING Scripts to get data from websites of these Hospitals and save it to my database.

GET REQUEST TO GET ALL HOSPITALS IN DATABASE

http://hospitalwebscrap.us-east-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/api/

POST REQUEST TO GET DATA BY SEARCH

http://hospitalwebscrap.us-east-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/api/search/heart

Example — I am searching for heart [ {“name”:“atlanticare-regional-medical-center”}, {“name”:“new-york-presbyterian-hospital”}

]

Post this object

For Now I have hosted my API AND DATABASE on Amazon Web Services.

I am Working on to add procedures,Drugs,Conditions in APP and also working to get Health related News. Please tell me anything more to do now.

I have used FLUTTER to create this app ,It works on both IOS and ANDROID.I will make website also.

Do I need to push my code to github for all APP , PYTHON API, PYTHON SCRIPT TO SAVE DATA TO DATABASE?

but I will have to remove my username and password of Amazon Web Services database if I push code to github.

Mentors Please Reply

Is there anything more to be done for POC?

Hi @Darshpreet2000 UI looks good at a glace, thanks for you repo. I will test that and get back to you here… Again please allow for about 24-36 hours for mentors to get back to you and this is week end :slight_smile: You shouldn’t expect us to get back to you as soon as you post. We get back to you as soon as we can. As for the API and webscrapping sure we need a repo too nothing fancy. Just what gets the job done.

Upload everything. Separate repos and Dockerfiles and docker-compose as well.

@Darshpreet2000, Did you do a mockup or the whole project… because if the latter, you’re not doing a good job likely. This is scoped to be a whole 3 month project.

I only need to execute runalll.py Python Script in command line .This file will sequentially execute files for each hospital.

I will set this file as a SCHEDULE to run daily or weekly to update the database.

Yes I did a mockup TODAY for this project.I removed everything from database and executed this “runalll.py” file.It saved data for each hospital again.

I have added ONE MORE HOSPITAL DATEUPDATED IS TODAY’S DATE 9 MARCH

I have REMOVED my database PASSWORD from each “SAVE.PY” file in each hospital and “APPLICATION.PY” from API.

Tell me if i need to upload that also but then anyone can make changes.

I need to work on filter to filter prices in ascending order

I will also make a website using flutter for web if needed.

Anything more needed for POC??

You’re not supposed to be doing the project now…The idea is to do it with dummy data

So Is this enough for POC ???

Can I start working on proposal now?

You were supposed to not go this far.

Okay I will not do more now.

I will just write a proposal and will share with you.

@muarachmann please see the other repositories also which I shared for webscrapping and API.

I asked in the chat and I got a reply from @muarachmann to add 5 to 10 Hospitals for POC,and also to correctly display original data but you @r0bby said “You’re not supposed to be doing the project now…The idea is to do it with dummy data” .

I have added only 4 hospitals now, and you are saying @r0bby “You were supposed to not go this far.”

Why different mentors are saying different things?

Hi @Darshpreet2000 I am aware of what you did, do you realize you are virtually doing the project. Maybe you didn’t get clear but it was to assert you could actually walk your way around setting up an app that could do such. With dummy data year. What I meant was you giving ideas on how you could perform the scraping maybe or optimal solutions on how it will be effectuated and being updated regularly so that we assert you have a comprehensive knowledge on what the project is all about. Nevertheless just keep an eye on the thread.

Okay , I have done more than the Task Prerequisite given, I will just write a proposal and share with you .

1. Why did you PM @sunbiz there?
  2. The reason is that I’m the one who has the final say in this instance unless @sunbiz and @judywawira opt to overrule me and I saw you basically getting a headstart – which is unfair to others. Additionally, you did not do the task as we asked. We didn’t want you to do the project itself. We just needed to evaluate your technical skills.
  3. Finally, your impatience is severely hurting your chances of being accepted. Remember, we’re not just evaluating your technical skills, we are evaluating if we think you’ll stick around after GSoC is over. Additionally, we are also evaluating your basic research and whether or not you can work independently. Mentors aren’t going to hold your hand the whole summer, that’s going to burn them out.

From this point forward, remember that and be patient. This is a notice to others as well. Be patient.

I was excited earlier that’s why I was messaging them personally, sorry for that.

I wanted to get selected so I worked hard daily to create this project.

Its your wish if you want to select me or not ,but I tried to give my 100%. Delete my messages if you think I got a headstart

Private communication is a fast way to get booted even if you were selected. That is one of the things that I do not want happening and I said it clearly both in the channel on our chat, here on the forums in the announcement of our acceptance, and also on our profile on the GSoC website.

I won’t make the final decision on your selection, so you’re safe for now. Going forward, just attempt to redeem yourself. Write a strong proposal, you can get a headstart on that now – good luck!

Hi @Darshpreet2000 I know you might be excited on getting into GSoC and trust me I know what it feels like but as Robby said we tend to look for students who are more into learning and knowing more about us as a community and willing to stick around if not from time to time. Nevertheless you might want to have a walk around on our other projects and what we do often. Work hard on your proposal and keep being active in the community. Sorry for the misunderstanding if we did cause one on our end.

Cheers Mua.