Project: Create web components for FHIR Resources

Background

In 2018 , We changed how we build applications but working on components that provide FHIR components functionality as web components that can be used on the toolkit, radiology and EHR project.

Please review the code from the last summer project here

1. LibreHealth / LibreHealth Toolkit / lh-toolkit-webcomponents · GitLab (code for the web components)

This was the demo application for the web components - paru M / lh-toolkit-app · GitLab

An example of a postposed way to build the components is available here - GitHub - namratanehete/librehealth-signin: This is login page polymer component.

A very extensive discussion of the project which is a MUST read is here - Project: Web Components for FHIR Resources - #102 by SuKSW

For this summer (2019) you will assemble all the components into a complete application that is replicable of the LibreHealth Toolkit system : see demo here : LibreHealth Toolkit - Home

To make this complete , you will need to complete building the web components for the following resources orders and OBSERVATIONS

We prefer for you to use Polymer (https://www.polymer-project.org) but any javascript language of choice can be used including Angular, JQuery, or React

Technical Requirements

1. Javascript
  2. Web components
  3. REST

Resources

1. Please review FHIR, specifically on the FHIR components Overview - FHIR v4.3.0
  2. Implement components based on the FHIR resources
  3. An example component - GitHub - namratanehete/librehealth-signin: This is login page polymer component., but not on FHIR
  4. Bonus points - Developing the new UI for radiology or EHR using the components developed in 1 and 2

Prerequisite Task

• Review the above documentation and provide a list of components that are missing
  • Pick one of the resources and make a web component

Deliverable At the end of this project, you would have a repository of various web components with their documentation and a complete end to end toolkit app with the FHIR backend

Potential mentors @namratanehete @sunbiz @judywawira

1 Like

I would like to work on this project. How can I proceed?

Submit a proposal if we’re accepted this year and the contributor application period opens up.

3 Likes

Hello there!

I am Lahiru Kumara a final-year Computer Science and Engineering student at the University of Moratuwa in Sri Lanka. I have experience working with Javascript ,React, Angular, Flutter and REST backend. Previously I contributed to Hacktoberfest 22.

I am looking forward to contribute to your esteemed organization in GSOC 2023 :star2: . After going through the current projects , Create web components for FHIR Resources falls under my tech stack.

Thanks and Best Regards, LAHIRU KUMARA

I am Pursottam Sah a 3rd Year Computer Science UG from NIT Arunachal Pradesh. Here is my portfolio about myself https://pursottam6003.github.io/Portfolio-react/

Actually, I am new to open-source development and I am looking forward to contributing to your esteemed organization in GSOC 2023 :star2: . After going through the current projects, Create web components for FHIR Resources falls under my tech stack.

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Pursottam Sah

@LahiruKumaraHewagama and @Pursottam6003 and anyone else interested in the project:
please complete the prereq task to make a FHIR resource web component not already developed in our repo - using the same pattern of our existing components or a pattern of your choice. Please provide a link to your repo with this new web component as part of your GSoC application.

2 Likes

I can (likely) help mentor in this project area

1 Like

Hi sir,

I have set up the project and It looks as below. Could you please let me know that any issues in the project setting and next what I have to do.?

Default element window…

Thank you.!

Hello Everyone!

Myself Kartikay from IIT Patna, I am interested in GSoC’23 and want to contribute in this organisation . I am a passionate web developer with skills for both frontend and backend. I am looking forward to working with LibreHealth.

@LahiruKumaraHewagama As mentioned in the preliminary tasks, pick one resource from the FHIR R4 that has not been developed yet. You should follow the same pattern as the existing web components, or propose your own pattern (or even a different framework like React), and create that new one.

1 Like

Hi all, I am final year MCA student at NIT Patna. I have experience with web development and am very comfortable with JavaScript. I have done project in past with React, redux with responsive UI. One such project is https://videostock.netlify.app/

Currently I am going through FHIR docs and learning about various resources and data-types. Shortly I will be choosing one resource and implementing a web-component for it.

Excited for GSoC :smiley:

I have currently made a component for the condition resource. Created fhir-condition-clinicalstatus component, add tests, add readme file (!141) · Merge requests · LibreHealth / LibreHealth Toolkit / lh-toolkit-webcomponents · GitLab I am currently working on more components for the same resource :smiley:. Excited to learn more about librehealth and fhir.

Hi, I am Ishanka Udishan, a graduate in Information Technology. I am interesting on this project and I will complete the prerequired task. Thank you for your guidance.

Respected @sunbiz Sir I am not getting the last line of documentation of example component GitHub - namratanehete/librehealth-signin: This is login page polymer component.

I created the zip file after that where should I upload the zip file and where is OWA module does it needs any administrative account etc

Please reply

(From last week ago i explored the FHIR within this week will send you the merge request link of my own component )

Thank You

Created component for DiagnosticReport resource. MR can be found at create fhir-diagnosticreport component (!142) · Merge requests · LibreHealth / LibreHealth Toolkit / lh-toolkit-webcomponents · GitLab I am afraid that I turned out to be little late creating the component. Will now onwards work on the proposal.

@sunbiz @tony Is the Project description: missing in first message? Or is it to come from the contributor’s proposal based on their assessment?

I have created a component for Claim resource and made an MR for those changes . Also working on the proposal and hope to submit it ASAP. :innocent:

I have created a component for the payment notice resource. created fhir-payment-notice component, add tests, add readme file .

Very excited to be contributing to librehealth !!!.

@sunbiz @r0bby I have currently made a component for the Immunization resource. Created fhir-immunization-status component, add tests, add readme file · Merge requests · LibreHealth / LibreHealth Toolkit / lh-toolkit-webcomponents · GitLab

This is my third Merge request and Looking forward to work with Librehealth and FHIR. :innocent:

1 Like