Project: Android application for birth registration & newborn health data tracking

May I know when I will get feedback for my proposal?

No, that’s outside the scope, although it is definitely useful to understand the concepts - for this project we would like to concentrate on designing a nice UI to support the data collection process.

I anticipate that we will review the proposals once they are all submitted and the deadline has passed.

Can I atleaast know what changes I need to make before submitting my final proposal?

Give people time to review it. Remember that every mentor is a volunteer who does not get paid for their GSoC work. Additionally, we’re in the middle of a global health pandemic.

@Akash_Ramjyothi

• Your proposal is lacking wireframes and how the UI elements will interact needs to also be included here.
  • Your proposal is lacking details
  • No need for a REST API and even if there was, you need details.
  • Without doublespacing, this is like 3-4 pages, which is insufficient for a proposal that we’d accept. Don’t double-space please – it’s very obvious that your proposal is lacking in detail.
  • Your GCI credentials are better left off the proposal, while you learned from it, it’s not going to bump you up
  • You are working too many hours weekly – 72 hours/ week is insane…you can’t sustain that long-term and you will burn out. Scope things out that you can work 40 hours per week.
  • Why do you need a REST API? What is its purpose? What endpoints will the REST API have if you used it? Things like this need to be in your proposal.

Ultimately we select the student with the most realistic proposal and yours is not it at this moment.

Please read the following post and revise your propsoal, as it stands, it’s not fantastic.

Hello mentors, i have submitted my proposal as a draft kindly have a look to it and if any change is required let me know.

This looks good! I like that you are clear what your timeline is. My only concern is your working hours. Aim for 40 hrs per week. Typically GSoC doesn’t have a clock, but instead we care that you meet your milestones and that you fulfil our blogging requirement and follow our community rules during GSoC.

One other thing you could do: detail what data you will store on the device and how you will do it – think of your data model for the db on the device now. Include that in your proposal.

The other mentors may have more to say – @iainbarclay you see anything that stands out that’s lacking here?

Thank you. I will surely get the work done.

You should rework your timeline to be 40 hours per week. That’s what’s expected. Over 60 hours – we’re going to view those as red flags.

I made comments on your proposal in the Google Doc.

I have corrected the change as you have mentioned.

That was my mistake! thanks for pointing it out.

@iainbarclay said making an SSI model is out of scope! but if required I can do either of the two cases:

1. Make a database in the device that stores the data and generates a unique credential to it.
  2. convert the whole data into a single encrypted credential. which can be used to retrieve all the information.

Hello everyone, My name is Harshit Singh pursuing B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering from Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh. I am familiarized with this type of application as i with my colleagues made an android application for Blood donation through Blood banks in the City which was connected with different hospitals. Therefore, I would easily tackle this situation and work on this idea of building an Application for Kenya residents.

@iainbarclay sir can you guide about this project idea. What will be the main focus element of the project, whether it is Secure transmission of data through web servers/cloud using RESTapi or simply a toolkit with Evernym accelerator?

Sir, I am extremely sorry for my previous proposal for not detailing it. I have submitted a new proposal. So I kindly request you to review it and inform me if there are any changes that has to be done.

Thank You

Does the problem statement boils down to-

Suppose i am a health worker having this application installed in my smart phone. my task is to go out to different houses and survey about the new born (if any ) and register the birth (using some biometric credentials and details of guardians) and collect health status of new born and updating the same in my database after which same report will be sent to mother/guardian’s phone so that they can also have the details of birth registration of their new born. (A time to time reminder about vaccination of new borns will also be sent to guardian)

this is based upon my interpretations of the problem statement please correct me if i am wrong or have interpreted some thing wrong.

@iainbarclay @r0bby

1. Stop using Sir
  2. You don’t need to be sorry, you ust need to read all resources.
  3. Your proposal is lacking details – still. Did your read everything in the post I linked? I’d still advise the mentors to not accept it in its current state.

Your propsal is lacking in any real detail.

• You need wireframes
  • You need to detail your plan and you can’t do that in 3 pages.