Project: Add a Dicom Viewer to LibreHealth EHR

Project Description

LibreHealth is an umbrella organization of digital health products including an electronic medical records system (EHR) and a radiology information system (RIS). These two systems run in parallel to each other, breaking information flow that provides a fragmented view of the patient. Doctors taking care of patients “create orders” that inform the radiology department to perform a Chest Xray on a patient. Radiology images are stored in a different system called PACS, which is a database of images. Currently, there is no way for the doctors to see the imaging information within the electronic medical record system.

Project’s Requirements

Tasks And Features

• Design a viewer within the EHR record that loads a radiology image by integrating the cornerstone html viewer https://github.com/cornerstonejs/cornerstone1
  • Implement order entry in the EHR project
  • Generate a modality worklist from the orders entered in the EHR project

Feedback requested from @tony and @teryhill

Mentors: @aethelwulffe @tony @ivange94 @judywawira @teryhill

1 Like

Would folks be interested in co submitting this proposal to rails soc and I can help co mentor too ?

@teryhill @tony @aethelwulffe @r0bby

1 Like

Stealing my stuff again huh Dr Judy :sunglasses: If you want it to submit to Rails go for it we (I) just would like to see it get done and would be willing to help mentor there also.

3 Likes

PuhLeez Judy.

I-WANT>TO <SEE~OUR-PROJECTS=CONNECTED

1 Like

I’m interested in this project. How do I begin?

Uh, learn about DICOM images and how the Radiology module handles it, look into FHIR API, and of course pick around in the EHR. Wish I had more advice!