Meet the community: Introduce yourself here!

Yes, I’m interested. Where is the best place to put text?

2 Likes

@DaveChannin Join here :: https://chat.librehealth.io/channel/radiology

2 Likes

I am Steve Job, a Master’s Degree Student at University of Liverpool studying Software Engineering. I have been working with the team implementing OpenMRS in Nigeria. We have deployed it in about 120 health facilities managing HIV/AIDS across the country. Java is my most Appreciated development environment. I am looking forward to working with you on LibrrHealth project to help patient management using open source technology

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Andy Wilson. I retired from Intel earlier this year after working extensively with open source projects. I am interested in free/open source SW, open standards, and improving the quality and cost-effectiveness of health care. I was introduced to Michael and Tony by a mutual friend and had a really interesting meet-up with them (and Dan) today here in sunny Portland. :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to learn more about the project and meet more people in the community.

3 Likes

Welcome @asnarb!!!

Hi everyone, I am venkatesh Bellale working with fossasia in gci2016.

3 Likes

Hello,

I am Sebastian Ciun. I’m student at National College “Aurel Vlaicu” Orastie.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Amol.

@Amol_Bohora, tell us more about you… anybody can get your name? What brings you to LibreHealth? Edit your post. don’t post a new one.

1 Like

Hi everybody! I’m Kartikeya, from India. It’s my first GCI this year! I am hoping to a good experience. CHEERS!

1 Like

Hello my name is Dan and i’m from Romania.

@Melo, Please tell us more about you. Where do you school ? Why LibreHealth ? Any former experience with Open Source projects?

Hi!

My name is Anastasia and I’m sixteen years old. I live in Orăștie, a small city from Romania, a small country too. I like very much Italian (yes, Italian, you may dont know but this language has a lot of delightful stuffs. For example, a quote was like: "Litaliano si canta non si parla" which means that Italian is a language that is sung not spoken). Another thing I like is writing poems about life, love and things like these. My favourite singers are Taylor Swift, Lana del Rey, Adele, BTS, EXO( these 2 are bands from South Korea and their music is called korean-pop), Ed Sheeran, Selena Gomez and Smiley. My favourite colour is purple and I really want to learn playing piano and guitar.

This year, I`m for the second time participating on Google Code In, but I want to be better this year. Last year, I get into the contest too late and tasks were almost all completed. I finished just one. But anyway, this time I really want to find out more about the organizations, about programming and why not, I would like to learn how to complete some tasks that are pretty hard.

If you want my opinion, I want to tell you that Google Code In is the best contest Ive ever take part of. Firstly, there are so many tasks with so various types and ways to complete them. For example, you dont need to know C or C++ or Java. You can make videos about interesting things, or you can post some news on your blog. You can also do funny things and learn more about Sugar Labs or Fossasia, Drupal, Haiku or Apertium.

It`s a very useful experience which can help you now or in the future. The prizes are very good-thinked and the big winners can visit Google’s Headquarters in Mountain View, California, USA.

I hope you too want to try taking part of the contest and completing some tasks. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Hi, I am Vanshaj Vohra a student from Delhi, India. This is the first time I am taking part in the Google Code In for the first time. I am an aspiring web developer. Apart from this, I also passionate about quizzing. I am working extensively with OpenSource Projects. Looking forward to a great experience with GCI.

1 Like

Hi!

This is Nikhil, a student from India. It is the first time I’m taking part in GCI. I have experience in programming in Python and I’m also good in basketball.

I am glad that I am able to become a part of such a huge open-source community.

Although I have no experience in open-source project development, but will be looking forward to work with you all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, I am Thien, full name is Thien Hoang. I live in Vietnam. I am currently a grade-12 student majoring in Computer Science. I was introduced to visit here when I’ve been participating in Google Code-in 2016 with FOSSASIA. It’s such a pleasure to be a part of LibreHealth community. :smiley:

I can work on various languages, including C++, Java, JS, …

2 Likes

Hi @hoangvanthien,

You are welcome and we are happy to have you in our community.

1 Like

Hey! I find all of this exceedingly intriguing! What all coding languages do all of you know?

1 Like

I am Aryan, a student of mris sec 14 Faridabad,India.

I like to develop games and animations and i would love to learn more.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, My name is Dev Vora. I am participant in GCI 2016-17 and enjoying to contribute on open source platforms. I am excited about healthcare IT and Libre Health Mission to make world better for all of us. Currently I am learning to code so I would like to contribute with no-code tasks and look forward to contribute as a developer and try to make this project more functional!

2 Likes