Meet the community: Introduce yourself here!

Hello everyone, my name is Gueleu Sylvie Farida. I am a computer engineering student at the University of Buea -Cameroon and I’m looking forward to work with LibreHealth.

I’m Sarah :slight_smile: .

Software Developer, with experience in health IT, from Africa. Chose the LibreHealth documentation project on outreachy because I have a passion for health IT, I believe leverage on technology in providing quality health care services is beneficial to humanity in diverse ways and as such i’m committed to this mission.

My skills are:

• organizational skills
  • UI/UX
  • Knowledge in clinical workflow.
  • Documentation.
  • Writing.
  • Content creation.
  • People skill.
  • Project management.
  • Among others.

When I’m not documenting/writing code, i’m documenting/writing quality code

2 Likes

Hello!

My team-mate Uzma Faiz and I, Apoorva Bhagat are two aspiring applicants for RGSOC 2018. We’re both undergraduates pursuing Electronics and Communication Engineering and Instrumentation and Control Engineering respectively, from Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi, India.

Our skills: HTML CSS JAVA JAVASCRIPT C++ C PYTHON

Skills that we are learning: Rails Node.Js

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to start working with you!

2 Likes

Hi … Join our chat : https://chat.librehealth.io/channel/railsgirlssummerofcode to ask any query. First step should be to set up it on your local machine.

2 Likes

Hello,

I am Opetunde and I am interested in joining the Outreachy’s LibreHealth project. Currently I am a machine learning student with interests in health ML projects. I figured out that being a part of the outreacy’s Librehealth project will tighten my documentation (and possibly visualization) skills.

I am happy to be here and I look forward to meeting new people here.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

I am Smarita Sharma and I am currently doing my undergraduate studies at VIT University.

Why Open-Source and LibreHealth:

I have been contributing to open source since the past few years. I started my journey in with the Wikimedia Foundation and gradually got accustomed to the coding environment of an organisation. Apart from solving some quick bugs, one of my contributions had been added to the official Wikipedia page which is used by millions of people everyday. In the meantime I also learned about Github and the different ways I could contribute to reach out to a much larger community.

I have always wanted my contributions to help in the betterment of the people around me. In such a case what better way to help but contribute to a Github organisation with a similar aim!

About me:

I am 20 years old and I am from India.I love coding and it is what I do most of the time ! :grinning: I have worked on a few projects and have also taken part in few hackathons as well.I have a good grasp over web development and AI.

Some of my projects include:

• A research portal for my campus where all the teachers and students can submit their research papers.The aim of this project is to promote free flow of knowledge and was developed using PHP, MySql and Materialize Css.

• Created a Django web app which basically took in a product name and scraped the most recommended product details from E-commerce websites. I used web scraping techniques in python to fetch this info. The project used Django to link between the python backend and the UI.

Looking forward to working with LibreHealth ! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi all . I am Adou Frederic from Ivory Coast in West Africa. I am currently working with an organization which focuses on mapping, research and IT to empower civil society organizations and any non-profit organization. We have just created an online library dedicated to non profit organizations whatever their areas of intervention are. Our aim through this library is to encourage documentation and research using IT. I am the communication officer. I am happy to be among you here, and very impatient to meet my fellows and mentors. Thanks

1 Like

Hello my name is Mark Hefner, I am a systems engineer in North Carolina USA. Nice to meet you all and look forward to following the progress.

1 Like

Welcome @Fred10 and @Mark Let us know if we can help.

Howdy Mark. I am Art Eaton, a maritime systems engineer from Florida. You should give me a call. I am pretty sure one of your work contacts can give you a number. :slight_smile:

Will Do Art. Busy setting up a new network and office move. will be giving you a call next week. Looking forward to it. Mark

Hi Everyone, I am Balaji from India. I am currently in my pre-final year of UG in computer science course. I am working on chatbots for the last 6 months and developed an open-source Facebook Messenger bot for helping hospitals and other healthcare services to notify parents about their kid’s vaccination dates. You can find the codebase at https://github.com/Balaji-Ramasubramanian/smart-vaccine-reminder. You can find the demo video of the project at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKu5mbPXSI&t=3s. I am looking forward to contributing to LibreHealth community during summer break.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Karina and I’m currently a second year Computer Science student in Mexico. I have always wanted to contribute to an open source project but I didn’t know where to start and felt like I needed some guidance which led to me finding out about the Outreachy program. I think the documentation project would be really helpful for me because I would learn more about understanding and organizing documentation which are essential (the understanding part at least) when dealing with software projects. I’m looking forward to contributing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

welcome @karigza thanks for Joining the community

Karina! Where are all the Mexicanos??? I think you are the first to show up here! -You have classmates. Drag them over here! :wink:

Welcome aboard! We have some amazing and far-reaching projects here. Excellent choice (in my opinion). Medical applications rank at or above financial and critical utility grid systems. Naturally, documentation is therefore a critical aspect and a very good portfolio item. I can say for certain that the Spanish translations for LibreHealthEHR are in dismal shape. Documentation in Spanish is non-existent. This is a code+documentation project you could request a specification to be written on, and write up a proposal for. Naturally, we expect your proposal to be multi-lingual. :smile:

1 Like

Hello,

My name is Chwabo Carl Collins, I am a student in ICT University Cameroon. I have heard so much about Librehealth. I will love to contribute to this awesome community. I am proficient with python and C++, a little Java. Please how can I get started? It would be great to get your feedback.

Welcome I am sure we can find something for you to do , right @judywawira

welcome @carlcollins35 glad to have you amongst us. U did mention Java in your skill set right take a look at the toolkit and/or radiology projects . We are most pleased in having you around

1 Like

Thanks @muarachmann . I will look into those projects. Thanks for warm welcome.

Hello everyone, I am Chimi Sony a third year student at the university of Buea studying medical laboratory science and also interested in Tech.Heard about open source during an open source conference i attended and was really interested.Have basic knowledge in Html, Css and javascript and will like to improve myself in this domain and contribute to open source.

Can someone direct me on how to contribute ?

Thanks, Sony

2 Likes