LibreHealth EHR Distribution

Ansible? Like in Ursula K. Le Guin? I guess Orson Scott Card used that name, so there must be an IT application named that now. I suppose next is the Tardis package manager…:smile_cat:

I will get the common VHOST settings for LibreEHR directories posted here.

1 Like

Configuration management…lemme know the host name and I’ll set it up for you :slight_smile: I enjoy this, keeps me busy

Are you guys libre ehr or libre emr?

LibreEHR, just like in the title of this thread…and it is a semi-inclusive We now…you know, like the Borg.

helping Dummies like us is very very time consuming

As you can see, one of the big reasons we forked is so we could move out of the 90’s and start getting exposed to and using newer models for, well, everything.

I hope we will have as much to contribute back the the overall joy of LibreHealth over time as we are likely to get from this relationship in the short run. Thanks @r0bby!

2 Likes

Have you pointed a domain at that ip yet @tony? I’d like to configure Apache :slight_smile: Are you opposed to nginx or do you want apache? Nginx is just nicer to work with from my POV but I don’t have anything against Apache :slight_smile:

Would you be opposed to libreehr.librehealth.io or do you want something else?

With fastCGI I believe Nginx could be used, but then we would be running our demo on a different platform than our documentation will provide. When used to “test against a release”, there could always be differences. Apache is probably a safer bet. I have no idea why libreehr.librehealth.io or demolibreehr.librehealth.io would not be perfectly absolutely fine. Sounds good to me!

what about ehr.librehealth.io?

I’m fine with Apache :slight_smile: – If clinics are deploying with Apache, let’s stick with Apache…

If this is the demo site only, then I think “demo” or “try” in the url might be good, even if the only folks that ever actually see it are devs that are typing it in. If we are going to use that /www for a general EHR-related page, then ehr. is the better choice. Need the ex-pat OEMR crowd to chime in. You have 24 hours, then I am going to go all authoritarian and tell Robby to do what Robby thinks is best. With responsibility, authority is implied…:smiling_imp:

:football: not a pat fan but the libreehr.librehealth.io is fine with me keeps the whole :umbrella2: thing :anchor:ed

We chose http://ehr.librehealth.io – it automatically forwards to https. Server has been set up, docker is installed. Apache has been configured. Drop the code into /opt/ehr/

Do not deploy directly to the server, deploy from Gitlab CI. Note that /opt/ehr is owned by the apache httpd user. I’d ideally like all our apps deployed via ansible or gitlab CI.

1 Like

Don’t know nuthin’ about ansible or gitlab CI, but ok with ehr.*

2 Likes

@tony, so long as you drop the code in /opt/ehr and have an index.php file at the root…you’re good :slight_smile:

I have a ci user I created if you need the private key added somewhere, ask me :slight_smile:

If you need a database user created, let me know.

Perhaps I should leave this with Art. but your terms and my process don’t seem to align.

Here is how I would normally build a demo server (or any server for that matter)

1. OS 16.04 Ubuntu
  2. Install all dependencies; there are lots of them PHP, PHP modules, Apache and modules, MySQL dozens more
  3. Clone github repo
  4. setup virtual hosts in apache
  5. copy the code from the github repo to the root of the web URL (I typically use /opt/www/vhosts/ehr.librehealth.io/ - for example) and I might add subdirs for target demo types, like /pcp, /behavioral, /cardio,
  6. Update the permissions on the directories as defined in the pre-setup docs
  7. Run the web setup script to create the DB, and other configurations required.

So … how does that play with “drop in /opt/ehr” and use ansible and gitlab CI?

httpd.conf equivalent (this is obviously not correct)

<Directory />
    AllowOverride none
    Require all denied
</Directory>
<Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/libreehr">
AllowOverride FileInfo
</Directory>
<Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/libreehr/sites">
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/libreehr/sites/*/documents">
order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>
<Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/libreehr/sites/*/edi">
order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>
<Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/libreehr/sites/*/era">
order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

Package from here:git@github.com:LibreEHR/LibreEHR.git

Once that is ready in a /libreehr/ directory, we get to go to https://emr.librehealth/libreehr where the setup configuration will happen. Using the mysql root (which we have), the setup process will then create a user, database and all that. Subsequently, there will be a number of tweaks necessary as I’m not positive the current “install as demo site” bit makes for a good package. We just wrapped up the release candidate milestone, and are now in the “Publish 1.0” milestone.

So I turned on gitlab integration with the github LibreEHR repo and it did in fact duplicate everything, including the issues. Not sure I was ready for that yet. Also not sure if it a “live” or one time integration…

So I may delete that and do something else … thoughts?

Non ego cogito, non ego existo.

1 Like

Windows Installer XAMPP Package for RC1

This little server is hooked up to Mr. Gore’s internet by a straw, so the download may go a little slow…BUT…here is the first go-round with the release candidate for LibreEHR 1.0.0