GSoC 2019 Potential Student and Mentor Meet & Greet

Hi @edsonmendieta,. Welcome!

Based on your skillset, I think you’re suited for the following projects:

or

We require all prospective students to make a non-trivial contribution in order to be accepted.

Project leads are @sunbiz and @judywawira respectively – I ask that you not directly private message them.

You an also join our chat, again no private messages with mentors!

@r0bby Tbanks, I’ll go ahead and look into those projects!

HI, I am Ruchitha Deshpande, Final year student from SGGS Nanded, India. I am good at PHP, JS, Bootstrap, CSS, Ajax, Jquery, HTML and developed many projects such as E-commerce, Bike Rent, Management Softwares using PHP framework [ CI and Laravel] to local businesses.

I am looking to contribute to Librehealth where I can learn and enhanced my skills. So, can you please guide me any good starting point.

Thankyou !!

Hi there @Ruchitha2018, Welcome!

Based on your skillset, the following project is best for you:

We requite all prospective students to make a non-trivial contribution in order to be accepted.

Project leads is @tony – I ask that you not directly private message them.

Hi Robby, I am a final year student from BITS Pilani, India studying Computer Science. I have experience writing code in Java (just finished an internship for Oracle). I have particularly written a lot of APIs and was wondering if the org had any requirements in that field. Other than that I will just go over the two proposals we have currently and try to formalize a plan. Cheers!

1 Like

@tushar, Welcome!

or

We require all prospective students to make a non-trivial contribution in order to be accepted.

Project leads are @sunbiz and @judywawira respectively – I ask that you not directly private message them.

Hi Robby, I am Murshid Hassen. Final year student from University of Westminster. I am planning on applying for GSoC 2019. I have experience working with Javascript and Java based apps. If you could kindly guide me with the current projects. Thanks a lot. Regards

Hey @MurshidHassen,

or

Hello everyone ! My name is Sanatt Abrol from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra. I am a final year computer science student and enthusiastic about Open Source and Healthcare IT. I have worked on a few OpenMRS projects before and I have experience with Java and JavaScript.

Looking forward to contribute to LibreHealth and learn from the amazing developers in this community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @mavrk!

or

1 Like

Thanks @r0bby for the great job pointing interested GSoC candidates to their areas of interests. @mavrk, @MurshidHassen you are all welcome to the LH community have fun contributing. Look forward to hearing and working with you guys :wink:

Hi @r0bby I am First Year CSE student.I am into Android Development for around 6 months.I have worked on many projects and recently completed an internship of 2 months tenure.Please guide me through GSOC organization and projects I should focus on to get in. Thank You!

Hey there @prorohan8,

or

1 Like

Hi Robby, I am Tafang Joshua. A First year Masters in Sofware Engineering student from University of Buea. i am looking foward to participating in this years GSoC session with Libre Health. I have experience working with PHP(Laravel Framework), Javascript(ReactJs) and database design. I would be happy to get some directions from you as of where to start. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @tafodinho,

We requite all prospective students to make a non-trivial contribution in order to be accepted.

Hi Robby,

I’m Kyle Lobo, a third year student studying Information Technology at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mumbai. I have experience working with NodeJs, PHP and MySQL.

I’m a GSoC aspirant and I’m looking forward to contributing to LibreHealth. If you could kindly guide me on any good starting points, I’d be grateful! Cheers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @kylelobo,

I am waiting the EHR team to add project ideas.

1 Like

Hi Robby,

I’m Aman Mishra, a second year student studying Computer Sciences at National Institute Of Technology,Surat in India. I have been working with Java(Servlets,Jsp,Spring,Hibernate,SpringBoot,Jdbc), MySQL,MongoDB for the past few months.I also have knowledge regarding html,css and javascript.

I’m a GSoC aspirant and I’m looking forward to contributing to LibreHealth. If you could kindly guide me on where to start, I’d be grateful!

1 Like

hey @Aman,

or

We are still working on project ideas so stay tuned!

Hello!

I am looking for a Machine Learning based project. I am skilled in relevant python libraries and pytorch. Apart from that I code in Java and C++ as well. I was wondering if there is any healthcare related dataset and/or problem that I could work on?

Thanks! :slight_smile: