Universities using LibreHealth EHR

Great. Clamp, Gate and Canary were mentioned at the conference so there must be a lot of them. Clearly, NLP was a major theme of the conference but is still at the research level. One interesting innovation M*Modal is a speech recognition company that also offers “clinical documentation improvement”. When a clinician dictates it not only converts the voice into text but it reminds the dictator about missing elements in the note (some are related to ICD-10 coding and others related to note quality). So, this is a form of clinical decision support embedded into voice recognition.

@tony Any progress with getting encounter notes from SB?

I have been in communication with Dr Kerry Willis (NC) and he is willing to share, just working out the details. Sam has not replied to my email request, perhaps you can poke him :slight_smile:

@tony Great. Really can’t add NLP as a future strategy without having encounter notes integrated with the EHR

Where would you like to put them. The encounter currently supports a “Reason for Visit” and a “Encounter Billing note”. I guess my question is do we need to add another note field? I have code that supports the billing note that saves all the notes and displays the latest.

Or is this a progress note?

@teryhill @tony What I had envisioned was standard outpatient office notes. Having several notes on the same patient would be great to give us a longitudinal view. We could match them based on age, gender, ethnicity and their problem list. In other words, if the office note is on a 60-year-old white lady with type 2 diabetes, we would add that note to a patient with the same demographics and diagnoses already uploaded into LibreHealth EHR. Might be a manual process, unfortunately.

Thinking about using our EHR for NLP – it could be a simple sandbox to learn NLP but probably couldn’t be a major resource because to look for anything uncommon would demand thousands of office notes

Meaning we need to make or install some existing clinical forms into the sandbox EHR instance that allows them to populate it with…stuff. We are not talking about anything like the “billing note”, or “templates”.
In the EHR terms we are talking about Encounter/Clinical Forms. The Encounter form already has a note…it is called “Encounter Reason”.