Steering Committee meeting 2019-02-10

Hi all. Your @lsc held a synchronous meeting yesterday to discuss several issues. Here’s a summary of the meeting’s outcomes:

1. Amendment to community governance proposed regarding the Committee’s meeting schedule and logistics. This amendment is open for public comment for the upcoming week after which time it will be voted on by Committee members.
  2. Amendment to community governance proposed suggesting a new role of community treasurer. This amendment is open for public comment for the upcoming week after which time it will be voted on by Committee members.
  3. Amendment to community governance proposed outlining the Committee’s commitment to transparency while balancing privacy for certain issues. This amendment is open for public comment for the upcoming week after which time it will be voted on by Committee members.
  4. Discussion about joining Open Source Initiative as an affiliate member. Currently lazy consensus voting is underway by the Committee.
  5. Discussion about the process for incubating new projects. Two potential candidate projects were discussed; proposals for those projects will be forthcoming in line with the existing governance processes on new community projects.
  6. Miscellaneous discussions around several infrastructure needs and issues.
  7. Discussion among attending project leaders about Google Summer of Code applications and potential project ideas and mentors. Please see the relevant topics here in the Forums for more details.

Feel free to respond to this topic with any additional questions about the meeting.

2 Likes

@downey, Since no one has raised any issues or comments on the amendments, @lsc should we go ahead and merge the changes? If I recall someone had volunteered to be the community treasurer. Maybe that we should announce too, soon after the merging?

1 Like

I can see no problem with this.

Go ahead. More characters so it will post

Following up on this: Are we going to have another meeting?

What about merging the PRs, and announcing the treasurer?

Are we due for one?

I say go ahead.