Project: Mockup Development for Virtual Reality Application

Project Weekly brief:

1. Completed Chat UI completely
  2. Tested Oculus Integrations SDK with Existing UI
  3. Designed Voice Recording and subsequent conversion to byte stream pipeline

Blockers:

1. Oculus Integrations SDK offers out of box Hand Tracking instead of controllers. The existing UI elements are not working with the SDK. Pulse Physiology is also facing issues while rendering. All of these issues do not exist with Unity’s XR Interaction toolkit.

Tasks for week:

1. Revert back to Unity XR interaction toolkit
  2. Work on Chat UI Pipeline
  3. Complete the Voice Chat Code

Hi @sshivaditya , thanks for the update. Can you please provide update for this week on the forum itself and can you please share an screen recording of the working chat app? I will meet you next week.

Hi @sshivaditya can you add screen recording?

Reminder about the Weekly Status Report

Created MR. Along with the python chat and audio server.

@pri2si17

Can I use this for setting up the server for video stream? It uses WebRTC and Has a Community Open Source Server Version.

I don’t see an issue using the community edition. I’ll let @sunbiz give the final call, though.

I think it’s fine to use community edition and get the PoC ready.

I think it’s okay to use, but hosting a server might be resource intensive for what we need… can’t we just do a P2P WebRTC without a server? @pri2si17 if it’s necessary, as @r0bby is fine, we can host it for this project.

Audio Chat Demo

Hi @sshivaditya I think we need to fix the keyboard voice input. Please work on that as well apart from video streaming. But thanks for the good work. This task is pretty complex.

Hi @sshivaditya please provide update for this week.

Work for the past week:

1. Designed resumable video playback
  2. Testing the local play/pause interface

Blockers:

1. The voice type or voice dictation feature is available on Quest 2 Keyboard, but it is available only in US. In the rest of the region appears greyed out. The voice message works.

Task for the week:

1. Work on the UI for Unity
  2. Solve the resume at the. common point issue

Hi @sshivaditya please fork LibreHealth / LibreHealth Radiology / lh-radiology-vr-video-stream · GitLab and create MR for video stream. Thanks for the great work!!

Also, can you please share the demo.

Video Sync Demo

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ai1ZZiCsveY

You are no longer obligated to do the weekly reports.

Great job this summer!

Thanks @sshivaditya for all the great work you did this summer. Enjoyed working with you over two consecutive GSoCs.

@sshivaditya if you would like to mentor next year, the offer is always on the table.