Project: Develop an Android mobile application to show patient friendly costs of care

and your android app? We’re going to fork, then remove the fork relationship, so you’ll need to fork again. You’ll make Merge Requests against our repo. Does this sound good to ya? You can commit a gitlab-ci config file and set things up and make merge requests against that file.

I made a new app with changed UI.

For now I have named it Curative Care. We can change name later

This app can run on Android, IOS & Web also.

@r0bby @sunbiz @muarachmann @judywawira

Android App:

Scraper:

@Darshpreet2000 The repo was renamed – so just fork both

History is intact.

1 Like

https://health.data.ny.gov/Health/Hospital-Inpatient-Cost-Transparency-Beginning-200/7dtz-qxmr

https://www.in.gov/isdh/28202.htm

I found these links ,

First contains chargemaster of all Hospitals of New York

second one contains CDM of all hospitals of California

Third contains Discharge data of 2018 of hospitals of Indiana State

So, these don’t contain latest CDM

Should I use them or manually save link for each hospital?

@muarachmann @sunbiz @r0bby @judywawira

2 Likes

Link to My Blog, week 3 Community Bonding

1 Like

The last might be the latest in many cases. So, if something was published in 2018, it might still be correct for now, as prices likely didn’t change in 2019 and the 2020 updates have not happened. Your repo should be able to keep history of all those, so that you can later do some pricing analytics

2 Likes

I found these

Inpatient Data of 3000 Hospitals

https://data.cms.gov/Medicare-Inpatient/Inpatient-Prospective-Payment-System-IPPS-Provider/tcsp-6e99

Outpatient Data of Hospitals

https://data.cms.gov/Medicare-Outpatient/Provider-Outpatient-Hospital-Charge-Data-by-APC-CY/fmbt-qrrw

Should I use this ? but these don’t contain all procedures. It has only 150 procedures per hospital

I searched for Tooth Extraction & XRay but there were no results

Or Should I manually scrap each hospital?

@sunbiz @r0bby @muarachmann @judywawira

1 Like

My Detailed Project Plan with Milestones

Please let me know if there is anything needs to be changed.

@Darshpreet2000 why do want to show a map? or make a screen for it?.. I think thats not priority now, just try to get it working for near by hospitals if you are around. Also you can concentrate on one end rather then going back and forth in my opinion, take 1-2 weeks on the app (frontend) and some up with your screens and hardcoded data or dummy data, then blend with the backend say week 3-4 to sync, when the basic functionalities are met now build the two together gradually. Just my 0.1 cents

Also let me know if you are free for a call tomorrow say 11am (GMT+1) or later in the afternoon @sunbiz, @judywawira

I planned to make a single screen which will show nearby hospitals on Map same like Google Maps App with a draggable scrollable bottom sheet listing Hospitals Names.

I will skip it as you suggested its not a priority now

Okay , I will modify my project plan,I will make UI of complete app in first two weeks.

Yes , I am available from 11 AM (GMT+1) to 6:00 PM (GMT+1)

@muarachmann

Mua … IS that 11 AM EST ? If so then i would be available for a call

Link to my Week 4 Commmunity Bonding blog

@Darshpreet2000, that will be 15:00pm GMT I think that would do! See you at 11:00am EST

1 Like

@r0bby, @sunbiz, @judywawira, @Darshpreet2000 when you are ready

I am ready

@muarachmann @sunbiz @judywawira @r0bby

Hi, I had a small suggestion. Instead of using sqflite package for the local database, you can try hive package. The performance of the app using the hive package is better.

2 Likes

@prajwal27 Very much Thanks for your suggestion, but I can’t use it because it stores data in key value pair, just like shared preference in android.

I can’t perform query on data with this because it stores data in key value pair. It’s good for storing small data, but here when user searches for any procedure , I need to perform query on the data. So, I need to use sqflite

Please keep discussing with me if you find interesting stuff

Thankyou

1 Like

I have made some UI Screens with dummy data , Please check & give your suggestions. I have added a Merge Request (Here)

@muarachmann As you have asked me on call, how will I build & test IOS app because I have windows machine.

I will use codemagic (Link) , It will run CI Pipeline in gitlab Repo, It gives a virtual macOS

More screenshots are uploaded in my repo with code, I have also added a merge request here , Please let me know if any changes are needed