Potential Funding Opportunity: Fast Forward

Fast Forward’s accelerator program takes place in San Francisco, CA during the summer. All organizations receive a $25,000 grant, 13 weeks of training, and connections to 100 high-caliber mentors. All organizations must be nonprofits leveraging technology to address problems in arts/culture, education, environment, food/agriculture, health/healthcare, human rights, poverty alleviation/economic development, or public service/civic engagement.

http://www.ffwd.org/programs/accelerator/

3 Likes

We all certainly fit that category … SF is close to PDX …

Let’s do it!

We have 3 proposals in the works,

1. Natural Language Processing - (Tony - daft done)
  2. Containerization of EHR (in progress)
  3. FHIR interfaces layer for Toolkit and EHR - final attached (Judy)

They all have to be in today (26th) so I’ll finish them as best I can and if I get some feed back I’ll incorporate that. @judywawira @sunbiz @r0bby

DIAL_Final_LibreHealth.pdf (31.4 KB) cTakes - NLM.pdf (62.7 KB)

DRAFT Final of ALL three projects and cover sheet DIAL Proposals from LibreHealth.pdf (102.8 KB)

1 Like

Looks good to me. Thanks @tony for submitting this on behalf of LibreHealth.

Goods good to me as well. :+1: :+1::+1::+1::+1:

I can confirm the document was received. MJD

1 Like

The application is closed…assuming 2017 but how will we approach this?

@tony @judywawira @downey @sunbiz @r0bby @yehster

In addition to the DIAL grant, we should consider Alfred P. Sloan Foundation as it only requires a one-page letter of inquiry. Please see what I have put together at this point and make comments Letter of Inquiry.docx (143.2 KB)

1 Like

@judywawira

Just to be clear, there are two DIAL grants, with the first one administered at UC Davis and it is closed. Here is the link to the correct one.

We got the DIAL grant for the Containerization project, so we will need to look for other funds for NLP and FHIR

1 Like

This looks good to me @rhoyt

I can get behind this!

I submitted the letter of inquiry today. They usually take about one month to respond and it likely will be a thumbs up or down. If it is a thumbs up we will need to add much more detail.

Looking at the Mozilla grant program, it appears that you have to directly contribute something that furthers open source or specifically the Mozilla initiative so I don’t think they would fund us. I don’t know about Google funding

Looks fine. I tweaked it very slightly, but perhaps it’s too late :slight_smile: Letter of Inquiry-tm-edit.docx (13.7 KB)

Thanks. I hope my submission was not too specific and left brained. We’ll see