NHANES data in LibreEHR

I would be happy to give it a shot, but of course I would appreciate feedback from as many people as possible

1 Like

Mission and Vision Statement for LibreHealth electronic health record.pdf (26.8 KB)

Please take a look at this draft document

2 Likes

The last major data import process is to handle the laboratory values. I’m less familiar with this portion of the EHR than I am with other sections, so it will take me a little longer. After that, there are some small things to tweak. (Demographics doesn’t handle race or income yet. The EHR uses monthly income, where as NHANES reports yearly, as well as the mapping issue I mentioned before.) At that point though, it will be much easier to add new data to the system.

Having others use the SQL dumpfile should certainly be the primary way to disseminate the data, as that allows others to do the most with it.

Robby, I would like to request access to a writable virtual directory on the server where I can copy the SQL dump(s) to make it available for download by others.

Regarding the mission statement. Hosting for others to use is reasonable, but we can also guide others in how to setup the system for themselves as a docker image, a VMWare or other virtual machine image, or how to setup the whole system from scratch.

I’ll set that up for you. That needs to be managed by the Apache config which is not to be edited by hand.

LibreHealth has no issue hosting this, it doesn’t tax the system too much.

@yehster,

Drop it in /opt/nhanes/download/ – Directory listing is enabled - url is: https://nhanes.librehealth.io/download/

This is a good time to talk about how to make LibreHealth EHR for Education (LEE) available to as many universities as possible. We initially talked about hosting several universities so we could gain valuable input. I guess we can assume that the average university has an IT department capable of installing and maintaining instances on their servers if we provide good instruction.

The idea of SQL dumpfiles sounds good but I will need to look into that a little further, to increase my understanding

@rhoyt, I think this looks great. I think we should put this up on the Education team link on the librehealth.io website and update it as each one of the objectives get done, with links to those objectives… We should make them as tickets in gitlab, so that they can tracked and updated, as they get done.

What do others from the @lsc think?

Sorry, I havent found the time to test this out, but we should do this to get some preliminary data for the larger grant that we are targeting with NSF. We do have the resources to host test instance, but would be better if the IT departments can host it themselves. Although, we as a community are surely available for providing support to those IT and HI departments.

1 Like

In the Mission and Vision statement I added that we would make data available via e.g. SQL data dump. I mentioned that we would make software available on GitHub and another goal for the educational team would be gaining grants for platform enhancement.

BTW, who are the members of the Education Team?

I can host a few more instances probably on the EHR server – it’s not that much more work…PHP apps tend to not be that horrible to host multiple instances of the same app or even multiple apps on the same server… It’s just a matter of me setting up the vhost config…which is easy.

We have resources, let’s use them…if we run out of resources, we have other options as well.

Didn’t we agree to use gitlab as the main repo ?

I changed it to GitLab in the Mission/Vision statement

My account doesn’t have write permissions for that directory to copy files.

sudo -u www-data cp dump.sql /opt/nhanes/download

Thanks. Didn’t realize I had permissions to sudo like that.

https://nhanes.librehealth.io/download/

gziped dumpfile is now available for download.

Re Members of the Education team – I have always thought of myself as one … cheering u from the sidelines

Nonetheless , we should set up a way for folks to ‘join the education subproject of LH’ … Like a ‘How to get involved’… The page could start by listing some education partners like IU and early adopters to show partners…

Great. I believe the current web page gives a 404 error, so who had admin rights to create new content on librehealth.io?

Please be careful…if you mess up the server, it’d be a pain in the butt to fix it :slight_smile: – well not entirely – I just don’t want to do it :slight_smile:

Robby,

Any chance you would give me temporary shell access to nhanes.librehealth.io? My goal would be to demo the ability to run SQL, IBM Watson Analytics and WEKA queries

Bob

PM me an ssh key – I will use rhoyt as the username.

Do you need anything installed? Will this tax the resources of the server?

Looks like I need to install java for you…will do that. Run weka from your home directory.