LibreHealth and Software Freedom Conservancy

Hi, I’m Executive Director of the Software Freedom Conservancy (I’m also personally very much interested in health related software: as a “cyborg” with an implanted medical device for which I can’t see the code running in my own body, I’ve been working to promote free and open source software as a matter of public good).

I am excited to write that Conservancy’s Project Evaluation Committee has approved LibreHealth for membership in Conservancy. The LibreHealth steering committee has been working with Conservancy to negotiate a document called a “fiscal sponsorship agreement” (FSA). Michael Downey, Jordan Freitas, Judy Gichoya, Tony McCormick, Robert O’Connor, Saptarshi Purkayastha, and Ada Yeung will be signing this document on behalf of the LibreHealth community.

You can find a template of the agreement available on Conservancy’s website at: https://sfconservancy.org/members/apply/ConservancyFSATemplate.pdf (there are .odf and .tex files available too).

If you have questions or concerns, we suggest you discuss them on this forum or with Conservancy privately if you prefer.

Conservancy’s “Project Intake group” can be reached by the alias project-intake@sfconservancy.org and is comprised of the following people: Bradley M. Kuhn, Karen Sandler, Tony Sebro, Jeremy Allison, Tom Callaway, Martin Michlmayr. All of us are members of Conservancy’s Project Evaluation Committee and will be happy to answer questions.

Conservancy strongly suggests that a public discussion of the FSA occur on the general discussion list for contributors of your project, which is why I’ve posted this information here on the LibreHealth forum.

If we don’t receive any actual objections to LibreHealth joining Conservancy by Thursday October 27, 2016, we plan to execute the FSA on that date.

We look forward to LibreHealth joining Conservancy!

6 Likes