Installer uploaded to bintray ready for download!

I have uploaded the XAMPP Lite installer to our bintray:

https://bintray.com/librehealth/LibreHealthEHR/Installer/GloryRoad?sort=&order=#files

Direct download: https://dl.bintray.com/librehealth/LibreHealthEHR

It signed using the bintray PGP key.

1 Like

Thank you Robby, I suppose we can post that as a menu item somewhere. It is off of master…but I am pretty sure that is our best code right now in any case.

I’m gonna leave it the way it is – bintray doesn’t make it easy to rename things.

Gotcha. This package is still awaiting testing of course…

If we have issues – we can yank it very easily. I plan on adding a docker image as well.

We can just add a version, right?

Yeah… I think we need to add a 32 bit version…

Forgot about that. I will do an x86 installer as well.

1 Like

Well, it looks like all the windows installer files never made it into the main repo, and the old Documentation_Resources repo on libreehr.org is gone, so the build I made might not have had what it needed to run things quite right. I will be re-building both a 64 and 32 bit version, giving the version name a DEV tag with a latest commit number on them (I suppose that is the best way).

Robby, http://suncoastconnection.com/downloads/LibreHealthEHR-64bit-1.0.1-DEV.zip has a new 64bit version…and the old one needs to go away forever. I will add the 32bit there ASAP

Correction. This installer runs in 32bit mode unless it detects a 64bit OS.

I am hoping to get a better way of building and deploying the package. I don’t have full permissions on bintray for LibreHealth, I can’t update the package or it’s information (though I can fill out the forms to do so, just not submit) and it takes a good long while of pushing buttons on the UI to find what I am looking for. The package there is very outdated, and we currently have no information linking to it from the main site (which is a good thing at this point). If I can reduce the size of the XAMPP package significantly, I might be able to use other hosting options… Anyone have any option suggestions?

This should be done via CI in some form or another…not manually.

How do you suggest I do that? Think: windows compiled maintainer for a windows package that is used as a single executable by mom and pop installers vs. enterprise type deployment. I can supply a non-custom builder/compiler script for say Inno Setup 5. The repo mostly contains all the other build dependencies now in terms of images and the like. I, for one, don’t have the access needed to anything to set any automated builder up. If I host it, I suppose I certainly can. There is nothing to do manually. This is all done by computer. CL is, to my mind, “manual” as far as computing goes. It could be scripted in it’s entirety, yes, but if I were doing that, I would link it all to a nice GUI button that says “DO IT”. Then I would manually push that button…check the output…then push it again.

Everything can be automated.