GCI Task brainstorming

Add tasks to the etherpad. DO NOT create issues on gitlab directly. Please ensure that your task doesn’t already exist.

2 Likes

Folks, this is time-sensitive. We have 14 days to get these tasks done.

@tony @aethelwulffe @teryhill @sunbiz @judywawira

I need 25 sample tasks – I’ll look over what we have from last year. We were lacking coding tasks last year, so we need some of those.

We are working on a release right now. I doubt we can give this any attention before next week.

1 Like

@r0bby On second thought, the wiki post is kind of difficult to read in its current format. Would something like an Etherpad list maybe be easier to maintain for the moment?

This works fine now that @ivange94’s tasks aren’t using markdown code blocks. – I had to do it the way I did – @ivange94 – the reason I used code blocks is so you can see the formatting. This is only temporary.

@teryhill – please move your tasks to the first message on this thread, it’s a wiki post so you can edit it – and add instructions in the format I asked – I want uniformity in our task format. Once you do this, delete the old message.

Another thing to note:

You should read the instructions in the first post, they are guidelines that will help us have a uniform task format. As it stands, @ivange94 did not denote of they were beginner tasks. You should note if they’re coding tasks.

DO NOT do code blocks, I did because I wanted to show formatting. You are also not including the two paragraphs that I stated were mandatory on all tasks.

1 Like

I agree this is quite difficult to use and hard to organize too. Can we move to etherpad or gitlab issues directly?

Let’s use this. – Tasks already defined, can stay. GitLab issues is the final form.

I have copied the entirety of the first post.

2 Likes

I’ve stricken stuff I feel isn;t useful.

1 Like

Folks – Please get your tasks in. Thus far very few have done any.

@aethelwulffe pay attention – use the etherpad.

I have moved your tasks.

I have no dang idea what an etherpad is dude…I just read the instructions at the top. I have no interest in jumping through a lot of social media tool hoops to do it. If there was something in the shitstorm of data I was supposed to swallow about huffing ether or something…well I don’t have time to pay attention to that. If need be, just delete my edits.

1 Like

It’s okay - This thread became a mess.

@Asha_Surapaneni, I assume you proposed the tasks in the etherpad. Thank you for your work – HOWEVER – Please edit them and follow my instructions at the top. I have no idea whether you intend these to be beginner tasks.

Also – make sure you didn’t propose a task that already exists.

@Asha_Surapaneni, @sunbiz

Create a video about creation of new concepts in dictionary in the LH ToolKit

This is a video tutorial to create a concept in LH Toolkit and using a medical terminology example, which completes steps related to mapping terms to other commonly used medical terminologies

Two issues:

1. Can a 13-year-old kid do this?
  2. It is not in the format I gave you.

Implement UI components for patient dashboard. Each of these can be separate tasks:

• Code the patient demographic mockup as a webcomponent
  • Code the list of last 5 visits/encounters as a webcomponent
  • Code active lists - medication, problems as a webcomponent
  • Code patient image as a webcomponent (allow upload, edit and thumbnail)
  • Code list of enrolled programs and switching through program stages as a webcomponent
  • Code the chart of observation (a textfield to find concepts) and plot the observations on a line/bar/pie chart as a webcomponent
  • Code the calendar to schedule an appointment or display the next appointment, as a webcomponent

These can be separate tasks. Define them using the template I gave you. The task makes no sense without the mockup existing. Have them create the mockup and code it – or we can allow them to just code it…but you’re speaking about a non-existent thing here.

A post was split to a new topic: How to write GCI tasks