Evaluating the cost-of-care app

Can you please initialize this LibreHealth / LibreHealth Toolkit / Cost of Care Explorer / LibreHealth Toolkit Cost Of Care Explorer · GitLab with readme.md

because after creating a project developer is not able to Merge any file into the new empty project since the master branch is automatically protected and the repository is empty.

Added a LICENSE file.

1 Like

@r0bby @sunbiz @muarachmann I have completed development of cost of care web app using ReactJS. I will do Search Engine Optimization to get this crawled by Google site crawlers. I request you to kindly try this & give me feedback.

@r0bby Would you please review & merge this Merge Request (if possible can I get access to merge to master?)

I will be opening issues for new students to work on this project

Web App running at https://librehealth-cost-of-care.web.app & https://cost-of-care.web.app

• Used GitLab API to fetch data from the same repository as mobile app
  • Created Filter Functionality to filter procedures by price & category
  • Created Search functionality to search by procedure name while typing
  • Made Filter functionality responsive, it becomes a bottom sheet in mobile devices
  • Used react virtualizer to render large list efficiently

ScreenShots in Web & Mobile browser

1 Like

Set up GitLab CI and deploy it to GitLab pages – I will set up a URL redirect for you if you want.

@r0bby GitLab pages can host only static websites & this web app is dynamic as it fetches chargemaster from gitlab repo.

as mentioned here

With GitLab Pages, you can publish static websites directly from a repository in GitLab.

so, it can’t be deployed on gitlab pages as it is dynamic web app

I have deployed on firebase at https://librehealth-cost-of-care.web.app & https://cost-of-care.web.app

1 Like

This is very cool… Excellent work @Darshpreet2000. I like the user interface and development pipeline to get this deployed.

2 Likes

@sunbiz

Your words of praise are a stimulus for me to work harder. I am feeling very delightful that you are altogether satisfy with my performance.

I am thankful to LibreHealth for providing me this opportunity

Thanks for boosting my morale

1 Like

@r0bby you are right , We can deploy it with GitLab CI, Earlier I didn’t change the base Url in my react app but now after changing it worked & I was able to serve it on my Repo’s GitLab Pages

I apologize for saying wrong here

I have also created a merge request here Created GitLab CI to deploy to GitLab Pages (!8) · Merge requests · LibreHealth / LibreHealth Toolkit / Cost of Care Explorer / LibreHealth Toolkit Cost Of Care Explorer · GitLab please merge it

Please enable pages from the settings then it will serve from LibreHealth’s repository

1 Like

Hello… Please where can I ask for help concerning some errors I’m getting when running a build on the Cost of care app??

@Benndip

Please share the screenshot of the errors or tell what error Logs you are getting then we can help you.

You can create issue in the project repository

The App builds well on my phone, but when I do a commit, it fails the build test with this error about keystore please help.

You are commiting to master directly that’s why Pipeline is failing because it is not able to find keystore, This keystore is in LibreHealth’s repository and not in your fork.

Make a new branch from develop and commit in that, Pipeline will then pass, because for develop branch keystore is not used.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

You need to understand how to work with Git prior to starting Google Summer of Code. This includes proper branching using topic branches for example.

Alright…Thank you. I’ve learned that and I’ve been able to contribute with no problem.

I wanted to provide an update here: We have started to evaluate the app with Medicare patients as users from a safety-net hospital today. We enrolled the first subjects in the study, and @ReginaMerine and @jahnavi along with the subjects are finding multiple UX issues that I hope @Darshpreet2000, @bishtmanish739, and other devs in the community, interested in this project, will be able to address.

We plan to finish data collection in the next 6-8 days and will report our findings from the UX surveys and user feedback here. We’ll share some early data analysis here, and then likely report in-depth through some academic papers. I want to thank everyone who has worked on the project, including mentors @r0bby and @muarachmann to get this ready for testing, but there is a long way to go to make it useful for real-world users.

1 Like

@sunbiz, we could do the fixes as part of Outreachy if you want. We have until 2021-09-17T20:00:00Z to decide if we want to participate in the End-year round which runs from Dec. 6, 2021 to March 4, 2022.

If @Darshpreet2000 isn’t busy, I nominate him to mentor :slight_smile:

Yes, I am really willing to mentor new contributors

Issues #66 to #79 have been created based on user testing. There are some pretty straightforward issues that are good for new contributors learning Flutter.

Would you mind if I added he hackertoberfest tag to these issues? It starts soon.

1 Like