Error BD - lang_constants and latin1_bin

Hi. Download the program files (v2.0.0) , then upload them by ftp to my hosting account. Then create the database, relate the user, etc. Then I ran the installation. Apparently it installed well but when entering the site and with a couple of clicks on some options the following error is displayed:

ERROR: query failed: SELECT * FROM lang_definitions JOIN lang_constants ON lang_definitions.cons_id = lang_constants.cons_id WHERE lang_id =? AND constant_name =? LIMIT 1

Error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin, IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci, COERCIBLE) for operation ‘=’

/home//public_html/ehr2/library/translation.inc.php at 36: sqlStatementNoLog*

/home//public_html/ehr2/library/globals.inc.php at 2830: xl (Māori)*

/home//public_html/ehr2/interface/super/edit_globals.php at 35: require_once (/home//public_html/ehr2/library/globals.inc.php)

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi @johnet how did you create your db? Which Database encoding did you use. Please use utf8 or utf8mb4 .

Thanks, Mua

Hi. I use cpanel to create the DB. Then I simply ran the installer that the program brings. Look … I attach 4 images about it.

4 images

@johnet the db supports the default coalation which is in English. Please use utf8_general_ci or utf8mb4_general_ci . It is normal that you have that error since you chosed Latin (spanish_ci) coalation instead of English. I will advice you drop all tables and create a new one choosing the correct database encoding else you can convert back to the utf8 general using ALTER TABLE tbl_name CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE 'latin1_spanish_ci'; but this will have to be done for all the tables. Hope it helps