Congratulations our accepted Students for GSoC 2021

Congratulations to the 5 students selected to work with LibreHealth during Google Summer of Code 2021! We’re very excited about this excellent group of @gsoc2021students as part of our community and look forward to the work you’ll do together with your mentors and the greater LibreHealth community.

The 5 students selected are:

1. @Shashwat will be working on Project: Create web components for FHIR Resources and will be mentored by @sunbiz and @namratanehete.

2. @bhavesh3005sharma will be working on Project: Scaling up the mobileHBS/DHIS2 Tracker and Trainer applications and will be mentored by @sunbiz, @shbucher.

3. @Darshpreet2000 will be working on Project: Develop an Android mobile application for newborn clinical decision support and will be mentored by @sunbiz, @Siddhi, and @shbucher.

4. @bishtmanish739 will be working on Project: Improve LibreHealth Toolkit Cost of Care Explorer and will be mentored by @muarachmann and @r0bby.

5. @sshivaditya will be working on Project: Neural network-based object detection of anatomical structures and medical artifacts in Virtual Reality and will be mentored by @pri2si17 and @judywawira

Each of these projects has a dedicated thread and you must use either those of the #gsoc on our chat for all project communications. Under rare circumstances, you may use a private medium such as Skype (ex: you are ill, family emergency, etc) but we will, however, provide a Jitsi meet room for your projects. No private communications. This is something we are strict about.

Please read this entire post carefully. After reading this post, there are several steps you must take immediately. Failure to perform any of these tasks before the end of the community bonding period on 2020-06-07T23:59:00Z will cause you not to begin as a student, and you will not receive your initial payment from Google. The video below will summarize things for you.

1. This week: Introduce yourself on LibreHealth Forums in the appropriate pinned topic at the top of the Google Summer of Code category. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your interests, your selected project, and why you find LibreHealth interesting. We will use LibreHealth Forums for all official communications about the program, so check it every day. Complete this task in the next week, by 2021-05-24T23:59:00Z
  2. In two weeks’ time: Get your blog ready. You must post a blog entry every week during GSoC. Start now so you get in the habit of writing at least one post every week. You don’t have to create a new blog for GSoC; it’s OK to use an existing one. See the relevant pinned topic at the top of the Google Summer of Code category of LibreHealth Forums for details and to post your URL. Complete this task by 2021-05-31T23:59:00Z
  3. Contact your mentor immediately. Make a plan for communication with your mentor and stick with it. Remember, we’re an open-source project, so all your LibreHealth communication should be in public forums such as our community chat or right here in the appropriate categories. Make sure your mentor has identified one or more backup mentors if she or he is not available. Prepare a detailed project plan (week by week) with milestones with your mentor and post it in the appropriate category on LibreHealth Forums, with the gsoc2021 tag. Complete all these tasks **before the end of the community bonding period ends on 2021-06-07T23:59:00Z.
  4. Be prepared to submit a weekly status report. The status report is very short but very important; it helps us to ensure your project is on track and things are going well. If you miss filing 3 status reports, you’ll be removed from the program, so remember to add this to your weekly schedule! Consider the hard-line to be 11:59 PM UTC every Friday.

Once again, congratulations! We are impressed by your accomplishments so far, and hope you are just as pleased to be part of our community of so many wonderful people!

Your GSoC administrators:

Robby O’Connor (@r0bby), Saptarshi Purkayastha (@sunbiz), and Judy Gichoya (@judywawira)

1 Like

Welcome, to all of the GSoC students!! This year’s cohort of applications was very competitive – congratulations on your efforts thus far. We are so excited to work with you this year – I look forward to reading each of your blogs, and in particular, I am delighted to work with @bavesh3005sharma and @Darshpreet200! Best, Dr. Sherri

I edited the first post to add in a video with tips and tricks from veteran mentors and org admins.

thank you mentor for providing me opportunity . I am very excited to work on toolkit cost of care explorer. congratulations to other students.

1 Like

Thank you mentors for selecting me once again, This selection is a great morale booster for me, I will work very sincerely and diligently and would actively contribute even after GSoC. I am Thankful to all of you for providing me this opportunity.

Congratulations to all the selected students

I also want to encourage all those who applied for this program but not selected, There are always lots of opportunities as move forward in life, keep contributing & keep building you skills. Wish you all the best for your future endeavours.

Looking forward to it! I’m excited for all of you.

Hello Mentors and all, I am thankful to you for providing me with such a great opportunity to work and grow with you.

@r0bby I am not added to the correct project I had applied for Project: Develop an Android mobile application for newborn clinical decision support - Community / Google Summer of Code - LibreHealth Forums and even on the GSoC website it is clearly mentioned that I got selected for this project check this. But you had mentioned my name and added me to Project: Scaling up the mobileHBS/DHIS2 Tracker and Trainer applications - Projects / mHBS - LibreHealth Forums but neither I had applied for that project nor there is a single reply from my side on this project thread.

Please clarify this. I am a bit confused

Both Project: Develop an Android mobile application for newborn clinical decision support and Project: Scaling up the mobileHBS/DHIS2 Tracker and Trainer applications have similar skillsets to accomplish the project. They are both for similar use-cases as well.

okay, I will check all the details of this project

1 Like

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to work with LibreHealth. Looking forward to work on Project: Neural network-based object detection of anatomical structures and medical artifacts in Virtual Reality

1 Like

Work on modifying your project plan and milestones now so you’re ready to go on June 7 and can hit the ground running.

1 Like

Congrats folks, looking forward to an exciting summer :slight_smile:

1 Like