Conference Call with IBM on Educational EHR

Sorry for the delay as I was on vacation.

@rhoyt & others as appropriate, could you draft an Etherpad or Google document with the high-level bullet points of the relationship? (i.e. Who the parties, are, and what each side is expected to contribute & receive.) We can then pass it along to SFC for review & input as available, and then a follow-up conversation if appropriate & useful.

Services Contract_July_18.pdf (52.0 KB)

I posted something similar earlier this week. I was not sure if we needed in contract form or not. Please review as I suppose I can just summarize the proposal in a bulleted statement

1 Like

summary would be nice

I sent the summary to @yehster today for his input

Okay ā€“ Iā€™m very happy to see thisā€¦I do have a question: what is IBM giving us?

They are paying for access to the educational EHR. It was our assumption that money received could be used for development

1 Like

Awesome, wasnā€™t entirely sure.

It was all outlined in the contract I posted but nobody looked at it

Just to clarify. IBM hasnā€™t agreed to pay for anything yet. We are trying to put together a proposal to present.

1 Like

Yeah summaries are nicer :slight_smile:

Mongo like contracts.

@rhoyt I pointed the contract to the representatives of the conservancy as this what they help us with ā€¦ havenā€™t heard back from @karen but I hope @downey can help us follow on this

Thanks. I also created a summary of the project but donā€™t know what IBM would actually want. I was copied on an email from Dr. Weiner at IBM that simply introduced us to his team so I donā€™t know if they will schedule another meeting. I did let him know that we have user guides and ready to discuss details more

1 Like

I just heard back from several of the people who work for Dr. Weiner at IBM and they have set up a teleconference for this Wednesday at 1 PM CDT. Let me know if anyone would like to join the conference.

I still do not know when LibreHealth EHR will be available on another server (non-demo) so I can tell IBM and the universities when it will be available

1 Like

I am not sure on the hosting. The steering folks should be on this. @tony @downey @judywawira these are the ones who make the decisions from what I can tell.

I donā€™t mean to be a pest but I think everything is ready to go for beta testing so I need to know what to tell interested users. Iā€™m not sure the guy Iā€™m talking to tomorrow from IBM is actually interested in our exact project because the theme of the teleconference is text mining for analytics. He may have thought the EHR was populated with notes on everyone

@rhoyt - Is there a customer for the ED EHR that is willing to fund the hosting and support for this system now?

I could be on the call if it seems relevant to the proposed contract.

I read the proposed contact, look generally fine but needs edits (as indicated) can you post and editable version and can we get SFC legal to review it, please?

We will also need to see how SFC/LibreHealth will allocate the funds (as needed) for support activities as well a development work.

1 Like

I need more clarity from the Steering Committee. I posted the contract one month ago with no feedback. It is now very unclear as to whether IBM is going to use LibreHealth EHR for the intended purpose, as per my last email. In spite of Dr. Weiner at IBM raving about the project there have been no proposals from them; hence there may be no money coming. @sunbiz was supposed to be working on a grant.

Additionally, all along we have talked about beta testing our current educational EHR for 3-4 universities with the assumption it would be free. If the Steering Committee wants me to re-contact the universities and see who is willing to pay and how much I will do that but I need some direction from the Steering Committee

Understood. I havenā€™t been following this too closely during development. But happy to be involved on the coordination of the services etc and contract discussion when needed.