Changing librehealth-core repo to lh-toolkit

I would like for us to rename the librehealth-core repo to lh-toolkit. There shouldn’t be a project that is core, since it is confusing, as we have seen in OpenMRS. This is one among the many librehealth projects that will be in our umbrella organization. The renaming will be good to do before we launch and before a lot of forks have been done. Any objections to rename it to lh-toolkit? or may be another name suggestion? We discussed something between toolbox and toolkit and had considered toolkit to be more attuned to medicine/clinicians compared to toolbox, which is more engineering sounding.

1 Like

:+1: – I support this.

1 Like

Forgive my intruding, but due to repetitive hammering from this same sort of thing, I have learned that nomenclature that confuses any portion of your users or developers needs to be dumped. Some folks just don’t seem to think it matters.

> Terminology is job #1, not safety, because everything depends on communication.

3 Likes

Correcting all of the things done wrong is key here for our success. If we can make things work better with LibreHealth – let’s do it!!

2 Likes

If by “make things work better” you mean “Get rid of all the soul-sapping morale-torpedoing aggravations that no-one would let us fix before” then I feel you bro… I feel you. :cry:

2 Likes

So the repo has been renamed. It is called lh-toolkit now and we should be getting the branding and CI pipeline ready in the next couple of days. Thanks everyone for the quick feedback!