Project: PDF generator for EHR

ehr
gsoc2018-project
gsoc2018

(Abhinav Singh) #1

@tony @nileshprasad137 @teryhill @aethelwulffe I am opening this thread for discussions on my project : Remove and replace the old PDF generation code with a custom library dependent on a single external PHP library

(Tigpezeghe Rodrige Kwenchu) #2

Hello @Abhinav can you make a checklist of the major items of the project here.

(Abhinav Singh) #3

Sure @Trodrige as soon as possible.

(Nilesh Prasad) #4

Hi @Abhinav. Community Bonding Period is the time to plan out your project comprehensively, so that you don’t have any problems during work period. As Trodridge said, list down all the deliverables here and a plan on how to approach them as and when you like it. Your proposal is already quite comprehensive, so you won’t face any problems doing that.

And also please be a bit patient with me for some time. I am also a student currently, and am having exams and stuff till 14-15th May. I’ll interact regularly after that. But, feel free to ping me anytime for help!

Same goes with you @naveen17797.

All the best to both of you. :smile:

(Abhinav Singh) #5

Sure @nileshprasad137 I can understand, I am also having exams :smile:

(Naveen) #6

Thanks @nileshprasad137 , i am experimenting with gitlab API which is crucial for my proposal

(Abhinav Singh) #7

@nileshprasad137 currently I am finding all the places where PDFs are generated. Will drop a list including them soon.

(Abhinav Singh) #8

@tony @nileshprasad137 here is the list I found till now of the places where we need to Produce PDFs 1)Patient/Client->Finder->(Select a Patient)->Report or Patient/Finder->Summary->PDF

2)Fees->Billing

3)Fees->Posting

4)Popups->Letter

5)Popups->Chart Label

6)Popups->Barcode Label

7)Popups->Address Label

(Abhinav Singh) #9

And tell me how to proceed with project. I was thinking of making a branch named pdf_generator.

(Nilesh Prasad) #10

@Abhinav Yeah. Keep working on a new branch and keep the commits smaller in size and more in number.