Project: Develop an Android mobile application for newborn clinical decision support

I am Kanav Pruthi, pursuing my BTech from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in Electrical Engineering. I would like to be a part of this project after reading through its objectives, purpose, and final application. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

I have read the description pdf on the given project, and I am highly interested in the project. I shall recreate the pages given here and would share them as an apk file as soon as possible. Thank you

Hello everyone, Myself Prateek Singh 1st year Under Grad from Jaipur Engineering College and Research Center (JECRC). I would like to take part in GSOC 21 and I really liked this project idea and looking forward to contributing to the same. I currently know Java, Android Development, and Firebase. I will create the app prototype as per the design given by @sunbiz and will share the GitHub repo link here.

Hello everyone! I am Gunjan Dhanuka from freshman year, IIT Guwahati doing my undergrad in Computer Science and Engineering. I am very much moved by the impact this project can have in saving so many innocent lives and being an Android rookie developer using Flutter, I see that I can try my hands with this project. I have gone through the above comments and will make the app screens according to the XD file. I will be active on LibreChat and will share my progress over there. Thanks!

Could someone attach the “Helping babies survive” logo here? I tried to get it but XD won’t allow me for some reason.

Thanks!

Link to image

Please remember everyone that we will take only one student on this project. We have many other project ideas here. So, please also attempt the starter tasks for those projects.

1 Like

I have completed making 4-5 pages of the app and have linked them as well. I have a GitHub project of it (with screenshots uploaded) and an APK installed as well. How do I proceed with the GitLab CI or otherwise, show it to you? In the meanwhile, please see this project. Link to Project

1. README: No Sir/madam when asking questions, please

2. You should be using GitLab. That is where your code will be. With regards to how to use GitLab, show us that you have research skills, everything is documented well with GitLab.

Thank you for the response Robby. I have imported my project to GitLab (Link to Project). Please do check this out (images uploaded). I am trying to build an APK using GitLab CI, but currently facing issues w.r.t the installation of WSL since I am using a Windows machine. If possible, please guide me on the APK build using GitLab CI. In the meanwhile, I will be trying to build it, and also read about the other projects on this platform as well.

You uploaded every file individually, you need to show you have competency with Git, you have not shown that. Additionally, you seem to not be following direction closely – we don’t have the manpower to hold your hand every step of the way so, do research, and if that research yields no results(This is highly unlikely to happen) then ask.

There is still plenty of time to get up to speed!

for the WSL issue: https://www.google.com/search?q=WSL+Flutter

These are resources to learn Git.

Thanks Robby for the follow-up. I will build the apk and share it here for sure. Is it alright to use GitHub Actions as well?

1 Like

No need, just GitLab CI.

Hi, I am Revanth. I am interested in this project and would like to contribute for it in GSOC’21.

I have gone through the designs, starter tasks and created an android application project in react native with few screens. Also I have added gitlab-ci which generates the build apk (Please click on the readme badges).

Please let me know if I am on right path and should I proceed with other screens as well based on the design flow?

I wish to ask if this pdf document is still available because I can’t open nor download it.

We have design prototypes in Adobe XD already created for the ECEB app

I’m not sure what the problem is but Adobe XD keeps throwing me an error whenever I try opening the .xd file. Please can someone help me out🙏

Hello mentors, I have seen the designs of Essential Care for Every Baby and coded them into an android application made with flutter. I really want to contribute to the project and have completed the UI development of the application. The link for the same is Ankit Hans / essential-care-for-every-baby · GitLab. I have also created a pipeline using GitLab CI / CD for testing and deployment.

I would like to know about the further steps and like what will be the backend for the application? Thank you!

:link: Links

:computer: Samples

1 Like

I have completed the prerequisite task for this project, I have also used CI Pipeline to build the apk. I would be happy to know feedback on this app.

For the backend will we be using DHIS2 ?

Home Screen List of Babies Screen Initial Screen
Notification Screen Profile Screen Login Screen

@fabricengoran you can try solution given here

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Darshpreet2000

1 Like

Hello mentors, hope you are doing fine.

I read about this project and found it very useful, especially for people in low-income countries. I would love to spend my summer working on something this exciting and meaningful.

As requested by mentors, I have already coded some of the pages of the app according to XD prototype provided. I have also set up a CI pipeline in Gitlab to generate APKs on push. Screenshots are present in the README of the project.

Links -

I also some questions.

Do we already have a backend for ECEB or will that be also a part of the task during GSoC? If you can give an idea about this, then I can start looking into the backend tech before GSoC coding period.

I would also love to know your feedback and suggestions on the current status of the app that I have created, so that I can make improvements.

Thanks