Project: Create web components for FHIR Resources

Hi,

I have 2 exams next week. So might not be able to post the blogpost on time. I will try to post the blogpost and progress update as soon as possible.

Post it as soon as you can.

1 Like

Last weeks blogpost that I missed during exams:

This weeks blogpost:

By now I was able to do:

1. Refactor the directory structure of all the packages and updated lerna config.
  2. Install the npm modules of the available material web components and updated all dependencies. So we can remove the sub module. but sadly the text-field component is still missing on npm. So I guess we have to keep it for now.
  3. Created reusable components: fhir-instant, fhir-positiveint, fhir-appointment-status, fhir-reference, fhir-appointment-participant, fhir-create-appointment. Which allows us to create the appointment resource.
  4. Created the demo pages for each components and added them in the list on the homepage.

I created 2 more git branches. Refactor, appointment-resource and then merged them to the master branch in my forked repository. Is this the right approach? I have not created a pull request. When should I create a pull request? Sorry I only know basic level of git. So I am not sure about the right way to do things.

This month. I had 2 exams as well. So I hope to create all missing resource and add their demos in the next month. I am confident that I will be able to create some extra resources. I mentioned 6 resources in the blogpost. I hope to create more than that.

And after the 2nd evaluation. I will perform unit tests on all components and add them in the proof of concept application.

Really excited about going forward.

Great @m4kamran keep them coming

1 Like

Progress Update:

So I have been working on creating the remaining components for the following resources.

• Slot
  • Appointment Response
  • Condition
  • Schedule
  • Diagnostic Report.

I created the create components for each resource and added the demos for each component and the create resource components as well. And fixed a small bug in the demo list.

Also the blogpost for this week:

Next up. I will be working on the assembling these components and add them in the proof of concept app. After that we will be left with the testing.

Also I have been having some trouble getting the value sets for the codeable concepts. I tried looking it up in the valuesets in the test server: http://hapi.fhir.org/resource?serverId=home_21&pretty=true&resource=ValueSet

Tried searching with the title / name. But there are no results. Am I looking in the right place?

Hi,

I am working on the proof of concept app.

We are using material design web components for the UI element. But it does not contain all the required elements. For example we are using the native elements for select, date time etc. The library demo itself is also showing the native element for date and time and there is no custom element in the library.

So I will also be using the native elements for those components that are not available in Material Web Components kit. And replace them when they are released.

##Editing this post as I can’t post more than 3 consecutive posts.

This weeks blogpost:

I am working on the EHR app. Hopefully I will be able to show the app by the end of this month. I will create the app and upload on a hosting.

Currently the app the hosted on gitlab pages. And it is showing SSL warning when opening due to invalid certificate. Maybe we could use Let’s encrypt to solve the issue. I will try to get the live demo link as soon as possible.

Progress Update:

Working on lh-toolkit app.

I am working on the toolkit app. And I am thinking about deploying it on Netlify. Or should I only use gitlab pages.

I also learned about git sub modules and they are quite interested. I did not know how to create sub modules. So this is also pretty good.

You dont have to stick with gitlab pages. I have felt it to be the easiest to deploy, but sometimes their infrastructure is very bad and things don’t deploy properly or you get these random failure. If you are comfortable with Netlify, please deploy there

2 Likes

Got it. Will update on that soon. Thanks!