Project: Android application to show birth registration & newborn health data

@shbucher I am Hem Bhagat. I am currently doing my bachelors in Computer Engineering. I am in 3rd year. I really love the idea of developing an app that help guardians check their newborn’s birth registration details and immunization details. I would love to contribute to this project. I would like to ask you some questions as I want to start planning the development of this app. The questions are,

1)Does the application need to provide interface for doctors/clinics to add the immunization data?

2)Does application need to provide interface for new birth registration?

3)Application need to be in which language?

4)Is there any existing database where the data is being stored or the database is to designed?

5)Are there any other specific requirements of the application?

@hembhagat this project will show data about newborn baby and their immunization details. There is a separate project for birth registration where hospital department can register newborn baby.t This is clients side Android application.

1 Like

Thank you @bishtmanish739 for you guidance. This was my exact query.

1 Like

@iainbarclay @r0bby Hello I am Akshobhya Pal an undergraduate form India. I read about this project and am really interested in this. I have developed a POC and just had some additional ideas which i would like to share. So should i just discuss them in my draft proposal and implement them in my POC or discuss beforehand here. Thank You.

Try to stick to the project as spec’d and read the past messages (esp. those from the Mentors). If your proposal is TOO DETAILED, it can lead to us rejecting you because you failed to scope it correctly. You have 3 months to work on the project and we want to know how you will spend that time. You don’t have time to do the planning after you are accepted.

@iainbarclay is it possible to get data about children’s hospitals in kenya? Data Like Location of hospital, Doctors details,Total capacity of hospital. We can add this extra feature to our app ? It will really helpful for parents.

@r0bby Hello, I’m done with my draft. I’m I to submit through the normal GSoC application method or I should send it here for review?

thanks

You should be following the rules of the community where I stated no private messages at all. Yes, submit to the GSoC site as a draft.

I’m Nifras I’m following Engineering I have idea to develop a app for this project like we can gather the details from parents such that Name of baby, DOB, Hospital, etc… We can store those details in our data base. if you are intrested on please reply to mail

Hi - thanks for the idea, but there is no need to extend the scope like this at the moment - thanks!

@shbucher @Maria-Freytsis @sradha @iainbarclay I have submitted my draft proposal.Please have a look and suggest me changes if needed.

Please title your propoal to the project you are working with. Fix your description and abstract please.

@r0bby edited. Waiting for feedback thanks.

1 Like

Additionally, share a Google Doc, not a PDF. a Google Doc we can make inline comments, a PDF we cannot do that easily.

Okay I will convert it to google docs and send it again. Thanks for attention

1 Like

@r0bby i have shared my draft proposal as google docs. Waiting for suggestion and changes thanks

1 Like

Please share your draft as a Google Doc, not an MS word document please. It is currently not a Google Doc.

1 Like

sorry, now i have shared.

@N-Alli – you may want to change the title of your proposal and also be mindful of how to write LibreHealth’s name in your proposal – notice how it’s one word, not two. Attention to detail is what we’re looking for.

Also where is your proof of concept app?

All students should be making a Proof of concept application. You can leave out the backend but we want to see that you organize your code coherently. Store data client-side.

This is a requirement.

2 Likes