Project: LibreHealth EHR Messaging

Librehealth messaging

https://teams.railsgirlssummerofcode.org/projects/212-librehealth-ehr-messaging

Project Description

LibreHealth is an umbrella organization of digital health products including an electronic medical records system (EHR) and a radiology information system (RIS). While taking care of patients, numerous messages need to be sent between doctors and between doctors and patients. For example, if I am a surgeon who is seeing a patient that has been referred to me with a breast lump, then I may want to send a message to the referring doctor about this patient. Currently we have no messaging implementation to improve communication in our project. Think of this as integrating slack functionality in the project.

Project’s Requirements

• Technical skills

• PHP /Laravel framework

• Mysql

• REST

• Javascript

• Familiarity with the EHR platform: Please access the demo site (admin/password)

• Join our community and introduce yourself here as well as questions about the project here

• Join our chat for live feedback and access to a larger team of mentors here

Tasks And Features

• Integrate a messaging service in the EHR

• Implement an inbox service between doctors and between patients and doctors

• Implement a pods system where messages can be sent to a group eg care managers based on availability Librehealth messaging

Project Description

LibreHealth is an umbrella organization of digital health products including an electronic medical records system (EHR) and a radiology information system (RIS). While taking care of patients, numerous messages need to be sent between doctors and between doctors and patients. For example, if I am a surgeon who is seeing a patient that has been referred to me with a breast lump, then I may want to send a message to the referring doctor about this patient. Currently, we have no messaging implementation to improve communication in our project. Think of this as integrating slack functionality in the project.

Project’s Requirements

Tasks And Features

• Integrate a messaging service in the EHR

• Implement an inbox service between doctors and between patients and doctors

• Implement a pods system where messages can be sent to a group eg care managers based on availability

Feedback requested from @tony and @teryhill

The patient portal already has a secure messaging and a secure chat. This could and should be expanded to allow messaging internal of the clinic.

1 Like

What points/goals should be changed?

It would be good if the student could leverage the existing code in the patient portal to update the current messaging system. There is a robust messaging system in the portal and a secure chat feature there the existing code for both of these could be used in the main code base.

Let me make you a moderator so you can edit this

Hello I am Tanisha. Me and my team mate are participating in RGSOC’18. We would like to know how we can start contributing already. We both are well versed in JavaScript,SQL,HTML,CSS,Python,C,C#,PHP. Thanks!

Hi @tanisha007h , first step should be to get familiar with code base. Clone it on your local system and build it. Look at patient portal, investigate its code. See if you both can find some way to use that in current messaging system. :slight_smile:

Okay so done all that. But I have a doubt. What is the current message system? The one on the patient portal?

Answered your question on the chat @tanisha007h

RabbitMQ or a similar message queue will be needed here if we want realtime messaging.

Do you realize there is a real time chat in LibreHealth EHR?

1 Like